Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Price paid: € 300

Purchased from: Local Shop,Bulgaria

I mostly play Classic Rock(Zeppelin, ACDC, Kansas) some blues and just a little bit of metal(Metallica and Sabbath). It's perfect for for classic rock, it's good for blues, though not perfect, sucks at metal but has a nice clean sound if wanted and can create a very smooth jazz feeling. The way I hear it, it's perfect for anything british.

As I said, it's perfect for anything british, which is mostly what I play. I've been playing classical and Acoustic for 6 years, and I played electric for 2. I had a very old Gibson SG and a Blues Junior, but my brother took them, so I had to buy something new. If it were stolen, I'd either buy another one or an Epiphone Les Paul. I hate the two useless tone controlls and the tremolo it came with, but for that, it's amazingly sturdy. I thought of buying an Epiphone, but locally there's nothing else but an Online shop, and I like to see what I buy first. I tried on some Yamahas, but I guess I chose this one for the looks. I wish they made it with a not-so-dull type of wood, but I can't complain, after all it costs just 150$

I guess you could play live with this thing, even though you should have some better choises. The strap buttons are perfect, still you should bring some backup just in case. The way it seems, it will last a hell of a long time. Not so sure about the finish though.

I guess they kinda cheaped out on the wood, but otherwise it was perfectly made. Action was perfect, no visual flaws, and I've been playing on it non-stop for the last few months and it still stays in perfect tuning. My advice is to play a bit with the pickups. You'll be amazed how much that affects the sound.

The Strat I bought was manufactured in Indonesia, like all others I supose, 21 Jumbo Frets, 5-way selector, 2 useless Tone controlls and a Volume Control. It came with a G-DEC Junior, a gig bag, some picks a very sturdy strap and a cable naturally. But, It also came with an unusable Tremolo so just for that I have to rate it 2 stars less.

jetwash69
    22 Frets? Probably a Standard Squier, not an Affinity. Most (if not all) Affinities only have 21 frets. Great potential for modding. Mine plays as well as my MIA strat, just wish it had the 22nd fret and a 2-point trem.