Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

I play a wide variety of styles, from Clapton to Iron Maiden, the guitar has a lot of variety but overall the pickups aren't great, they hum A LOT. The pickups are good for bright clean tones, but, being single coils, they aren't that good when using high gain/overdrive, I'm going to put some Seymour Duncans in it soon though, that should improve the sound by far.

If you are a beginner looking to buy your first electric guitar, I would recommend this, it is very versatile, cheap, and easy to mod... Put some new pickups in it and some new tuners and it could be the equivalent of a Mexican Fender Strat. If it were stolen I would find and beat the person who took it from me as I love this guitar, being my first electric.

The guitar is indestructible, I have dropped it several times (the strap buttons suck), and it still works like new, the finish (sunburst... Sexy) will last a long time also, but I don't think it is gig worthy (I only play it in my bedroom and around the house anyway).

Out of the box, the guitar was set up well and I have had no problems with it so far and it has a nice low action. However it doesn't stay in tune too well, especially when using the tremolo, but with a little adjusting of the springs in the back it is good for the price, it's only a 180 guitar, not a 1000 guitar with a floyd rose and locking tuners hehe.

The Squier Affinity Strat, made in China, has an alder body, 3 single coil pickups, a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, 2 tone knobs and 1 volume knob and non-locking tuners, 21 medium jumbo frets and a tremolo.

MaggaraMarine
    rv_phoenix wrote: MarkoakaNiggaK wrote: or try the hotrails deluxe by squier...its an well made gitar that is very close to the mid range fenders...and if u replace the neck with a acrilic one by fender u got your self a monster that you'll love... Absolutely right. Even the Squier Standard Deluxe is very good. Squier's upper range is a great base for modding, because all you need to replace are the pickups (perhaps the hardware, too, if you're unlucky). Then nobody will notice any difference at all.
    And replace the neck with a new one that says "Fender" on it .