Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

This guitar suits all styles of music especially rich music with lots of tone variations. It is great for solos and main riffs. It is a perfect entry level guitar for those who play a wide variety of genres. I usually play a lot of old school rock by bands like Deep Purple and Aerosmith. I also enjoy playing metal music by bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica. The distortion effects on this guitar can be unbelievably good with a good amplifier and/or foot pedal, though it was at such a cheap price. This guitar is perfect for those on a tight budget but have an immense passion for music. I use a G-DEC3 amp with this guitar and trust me on this one, they are perfect for each other. The guitar has a bright, rich and chirpy feel to it and can get quite noisy in small appartment or room. It isn't very ideal for gigs but I would risk it. On its own the guitar doesn't have a good distortion sound, that's why investing in a good set of foot pedals would be ideal for this guitar.

This guitar as I said earlier is perfect for almost all kinds of genres. I've been using this guitar for 2 years now and have never regretted in buying it. This was the first electric guitar I owned. I also own a Gibson SG and a Epiphone Les Paul Plustop Pro Fx. If it was lost or stolen I would literally cry. My favourite feature on this guitar is the wide variety of sound it can produce and the 5-Way Selector. The only thing I wish it had was better colours. I recommend this guitar for all those of you who are planning to buy an entry level guitar.

You will not believe the number of times I have bumped, dropped from low heights or banged this thing on a wall but it has still withstood the test of durability. I don't really think that it will be ideal for gigs but I would risk it. The hardware seems sturdy and not likely to get spoilt in the near future. I have owned this guitar for 2 years now and it has witstood the test of time. I have changed the strings a few times but nothing apart from that.

I received the guitar in perfect condition. The wiring was done perfectly and everything was in right order. In other words it contained no flaws at all.

Made in Indonesia. - 21 Frets - Solid Top - Body Colour: Black and White - Body Wood: Maple - Fretboard Wood: Rosewood - Body Style: Strat - Bridge Style: Strat-Style - 2 Single-Coil Pickups and 1 Humbucking Pickup - 1 Volume Knob - 2 Tone Knobs - 5-Way Selector - Came with a gig bag and strap.

MaggaraMarine
    Erm... The guitar must have a decent sound to get good distortion sounds. The guitar doesn't do the distortion so I don't get what you are talking about. If you are saying that the guitar doesn't suit distorted music then the pedals won't help. Of course you can make even the crappiest sounding guitar sound decent if you have the best amp in the world. But the sound is more of the amp's fault than guitar's. And often when you are using distortion sounds you don't use any other effects, just the distortion so I really don't get what you are saying (I mean that for your basic rhythm distorted sound. You are not going to use chorusflangedelayphasetremolodistortionvibratowah for your basic rhythm tone).