Affinity Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Telecaster

Purchased from: music & arts

I play classic rock/blues and this guitar fits it well. It has a weak clean sound that is expected from a Squier, but it can still make a lot of noise. I play it through Fender Champion 100 and I feel that I could get a wide variety of tones from it. I could see this guitar being used to play any type of music because it is so versitale. You can get very dirty/crunchy sounds and a good clean sound. My only big complaint is that the pickups buzz, but after a while it's just white noise. Basically: it sounds like a tele should, but a little worse, because it is after all a Squier.

I actually really like this guitar. It has its flaws, but they are nothing out of the ordinary for a guitar in this price range. My favorite feature of this guitar is the very playable neck, which is the reason that I often prefer playing it over my Gibson Les Paul. If it were stolen, I don't think I would buy another one, not because I don't like the guitar, but that it is a great guitar for beginners and I want something better now; I would just try to get my guitar back because it is my first guitar and I love it. I won't say that this is a beginner's guitar, because no-one wants to play a 'beginner's guitar', but I'll just say that it is a good Standard guitar, that would help those just starting to play. In the future, I will probably put in some new pickups, probably get a new bridge, and even maybe a new neck; then it will be just as good as any other Tele.

This guitar can take a beating, unfortunately the paint can't. As I mentioned before, it can chip kind of easily, but there are no major spots on mine. I actually like the chipped paint though, it makes the guitar look like it has been played. I can't imagine my guitar without the chips; hell, Gibson and Fender sell guitars for twice as much that way! Other than that, (and the knobs, which I explained earlier), this guitar is solid. It is also light weight, so you can play for hours without feeling it.

When I first opened this guitar (on christmas a while back), it seemed perfect; all I had to do was tune it up and it was ready to go. But after a while, I noticed many annoying flaws. First, the strings buzz. I tried everything but it still buzzes if I play hard. Second, the fret ends. They've never cut my fingers or anything, but it's annoying running up the neck and feeling the fret ends on your fingers. Lastly, some parts on this guitar doesn't seem to be put together well. I could easily take off a knob just by pulling on it. Other than that, everything else seems to be fine.

This is a 2005 made in china butterscotch blonde Squier affinity tele. It has a bolt-on two piece maple neck and 21 medinum jumbo frets. I'm not positive what the bodywood is, but I assume it's alder. It has a beautiful transparent butterscotch blonde finish that unfortunately chips easily. It has a Standard tele bridge with two passive single coil pickups. It has three way switching and a volume and tone knob. It came in a gig bag.

the jackster
    actually if u go to guitarampkeyboard.com you can buy this for just 105 and for that price i wud buy it straight away (if i had the money) - i love telecasters and wen i played on a real fender one at my m8s house it was insanely good. my strat is fine but i still prefer the tele.
    zoso1016
    flying jello : 266 was probably the kit. no squier would dare set its price that high.
    squier telecasters go for 300 for their vintage teles and strats