Affinity Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Telecaster

Price paid: € 250

Purchased from: Musix.ch

I play a lot of classic and alternative/indie rock, some blues and my own stuff, the guitar itself didn't give me a lot of versatility by itself but with my Fender amp I got some nice tunes. If you like classic rock and blues it is a great guitar but if you want some more distortion you need a pedal. Uhm what I noticed the pickups don't seem to mish well with an EHX fuzz pedal, everytime I tried it just sounded bad.

I bought this guitar because I'm a huge fan of Keith Richards so I play a lot of stones and Indie music. It worked really well for classic rock and blues but lesser for alt/indie rock. I have been playing for 9 months but have a lot of experience with guitar equipment cause my cousin owns many guitars and teaches me. Uhmm something I had wished I asked? If this was a real mexican made Fender cause it sure feels like one. If it were stolen and I was in the same financial state then yes I would buy it again but now I'm looking at some other squiers like the Jagmaster and the custom tele. My favorite feature is it's neck I have small hands and it just suit's them perfectely. I chose this one just cause it was a tele and cheap, but really I got way more than I expected even though I didn't even try out this guitar before purchase I was extremly satisfied with it.

Uhm I wouldn't know about Live playing cause I never have with it but the hardware seems good and so do the strap buttons. The guitar finish is really good I hit it by accident on my bed, couch, closet and table and still no kinks in it.

Right out of the box the guitar had great action and was tuned perfectly the pickups were adjusted well too. I must say everything on this guitar was good the frets were all alive the tuners were working. Suprisingly enough on my Fender CD-60 there are two dead frets which sucks cause you expect better from a Fender even if it is china built as well. But anyways the Telecaster came to me in great state!

It is a Squier Affinity Telecaster made in China, it has 22 medium jumbo frets. The neck is an all maple c-shaped. The body of the guitar is alder and the finish is polyurethene, finish seems sturdy it has never chipped. it's a top load bridge with six saddle heads. The pickup setup is normal singlecoil-singlecoil. The pickups are ok (three way switching, one volume and one tone control) but through a Fender blues deluxe what do you expect from a affinity series guitar. The tuners are Standard die cast... Not very specific of Squier but I guess some chinese made ones. Guitar came with no accessories.