Affinity Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Telecaster

Purchased from: mg

I love this guitar since I bought it, it has nice bluesy sound to it. The amp I'm using with it is the Roland Cube 60, witch is a really nice amp. Some time back, I was in search for a low-action, fast-neck guitar that could both twang and growl. On top of the need for such a beast, I had a very small amount of cash with which to work. Since I was lucky enough to have a double-humbucking guitar at the time, I bought this guitar and loved the sound, far more better than humbuckers.

I love this guitar, recently I bought a Epiphone Nightfall Les Paul, but I still liked this more than that. I love the neck, the style and the sound. The durability of this guitar is amazing. This is an excellently-designed instrument. It has the bits needed for daily use and for recording alike. The finish on the body is even and consistent. The neck finish is without remark, and the tuners are remarkably good for this price range... Overall, Telecasters are simple and genius at the same time.

I have this guitar for 3 years now, and it still impresses me. The neck feels so good and smooth. I totally can depend on it, I used this guitar to did gigs with my band and stuff.I generally like Fenders, but my budget was really tight this time around. Even the very modestly-priced $399 Mexican-made Fender Tele was way out of reach this time around. That said, I was REALLY blown away by the quality, finish, playability and sound of this $169 Tele! If I closed my eyes and picked up the Fender and the Squier in succession, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference. The sound is better in the Fender, but not in terms of leaps and bounds. The neck and the pickups of the Fender are better (realistically), but the playability of the Squier is fantastic!

My finish was the usualblack with white pickquard. I think this guitar don't have any flaws. The setup of this guitar is amazing, no problems with me.The neck is a delightful satin-finish flat-ish "c"-ish shape hard maple two-piecer. The frets are finished surprisingly well, with only a few end-burrs, and no inconsistency in fretwire height or finish. The frets could have been polished a little nicer but you can do that yourself pretty easily with the right polishing paper/cloth. The scale is just right medium. There are no buzzy frets on the example I purchased. The string height is very low, but only exhibits a little buzz the buzz does not carry out into the sound through the pickups (only acoustically). I decided to leave the string height as-is and replaced the factory strings (.09 Supers) with Stainless 3350s. The neck is really quick and the strings play out like HOT butter! The only drawback is that the neck is a little thin for me (others may find it to be great, but I like to get a grip on my guitar necks). The weight and balance of the guitar as a whole is excellent. It's not overly neck-light (as are some Squier instruments), and the feel of the instrument's construction is solid. The instrument is not as light as an Ash Tele, but won't cramp your style in hours of spankin' the fretboard plank. The hardware was finished flawlessly, and the electronics are clean enough.

I got a this guitar with black finish and white pickguard. This guitar has 21 maple necked frets. Body is made of alder. It has 3 way Switch and 2 knobs. The pickup of this guitar is simply amazing for its price. Mine was made in India. The body is laminated and the body style is a Standard tele but slightly shorter.