Affinity Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Telecaster

Purchased from: simphony

it sounded pretty good as it was, have since changed to a set of tex-mex pickups and now this thing sounds wonderful clean. It's not noisy at all, a bit of hum, but nothing that is terrible. Very good guitar for beginners as well as more experienced players. It also looks as good as it plays. For turning into a relic. A relic and you don't have the cash this is the thing to go for. It has a fast neck, smooth action, very stable tuning. And most importantly an excellent tone. It doesn't buzz when you play it either. Nice sound, I liked this better than my Standard Fender strat. I'm using an Roland 40xl which is a nice amp, I used blues pedals, sounds great even better than gibsons with stock humbuckers.

A guitar that's excellent value per $ paid. Delivers more than it promises. If treated with care will supply years and years of joy. If you meet these, buy it without thinking twice. If mine was lost, I would totally buy 1 again, but Custom finishes. I also have a Fender Stratocaster '59 but I still liked the playability of this guitar better. I love everything about this guitar, finish, style, neck, bridge, pickups, pick guard, just everything. Nothing I hated. I wish it had gold hardware, but the quality of this guitar is just amazing.

The stock pickups present a good dose of the classic Tele sound when played clean, although lacking in personality. Hum is well controlled, with the pickups rather indifferent to interference. The neck pickup is rather thick and nondescript, which at first listen could be interpreted as warm and full by some. The Bridge pickup on this sample can be cold, shrill, and grating. However, the two pickups mate adequately when paired. Tone is perceived as favorable when dirt is dialed in. Overall, the pickups produce the best jazz, blues, and rock tones I have ever seen. The finish will last along time, mine is 3 years now, nothing wrong with it, the hardware do not rust or broke. I used this guitar to play some live blues licks on gigs, and its amazing, totally dependable.

The only difference I noticed was that the Squier had a little more hum than the Fender. That can be fixed, however, with some of Fender's best pickups. It is an excellent guitar for anyone. For those who are more serious players, it can be tweaked to sound and feel like a Fender. Good guitar. The pickups are adjusted well, just like a real fender. For fast action, this has a neck that fits fast and slow actions. Mine was butterscotch finish with is nice, and unique to the affinity.

THE guitar did not come with accessories. The most useful feature on this guitar would have to be the action. Perfect. I mean PERFECTION! Better than any Fender I've ever played. I wish though that the Bridge was string-thru-body. It seems easier that way. Also a better job on the neck please. More finish. It was fast at first but now after 1 1/2 years of daily play, it has worn off.But still perfect, 2 single coil pickups, maple neck, alder body, 21 jumbo frets (maple).

this_goes_to_11
    mydian
    this_goes_to_11 wrote: rv_phoenix wrote: Second of all: an experienced player never buys his guitars online, for obvious reasons. Especially when it's a budget guitar, from a budget brand made in China. what exactly is wrong with buying guitars online? As long as you try it in a store before hand there's nothing wrong with it. I have a suspicion you just needed another an innane point in your argument against a review written by a person who is new to the guitar world. "Good lord!" it must be difficult to type and play guitar with your head so far up your ass. Douchebag.
    ^ at the last part. Nothing wrong with buying online if you know what your looking for and have tried it out before. Something used sure.. and something over $1000 or something I would probably want to inspect at a store.
    austinm82
    This really isn't a bad guitar. I have one that I bought in high school...it was probably made around 2002. The finish chiped off real easy, so I just sanded it all off and clear coated it. I put a SD Hotrails in the bridge with a coil tap, and squeezed an old strat pickup in the neck, and now its pretty nice.