Affinity Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Telecaster

Purchased from: Amazon

It's a Tele. Teles are built to last. It's beautifully me. Has all the Standard Tele's tones and vibes. Fits and finishes are very nice. Better than some real Fender Standard Teles that I've played in local shops. Action and intonation are just right-on. Except I had to re-intonated, and readjusted it again, after I restrunged it with D'Addario EXL-120+. A step that I do when I Switch gauge on the strings on all the guitars that I own. The original Fender strings sux. I also raised the action for slide works. I play about 2 to 3 hours daily. It stays in tune well. Only have to tune it once a week or so. The single coils are perfect for my blues rock style. I also play some chords which sound nice on the single coil. It has a rich sound on my vox, very nice on distortion and even on extreme pedals.

This is an excellently-designed instrument. It has the bits needed for daily use and for recording alike. The finish on the body is even and consistent. The neck finish is without remark, and the tuners are remarkably good for this price range... Overall, Telecasters are simple and genius at the same time. I would buy this guitar again if it was lost. I would compare it to Fender 50' teles. I wish it had a hum canceller but, overall nice guitar.

I really loved the look of this guitar when I saw it in the store. But every one knows that you can't judge a book by its cover, so, I borrowed a cable from one of the friendly and helpful sales people at the Fair Lakes Best Buy and hooked into an amplifier and gave a whirl. I was delighted to find that this guitar had a great tone and sounded very tele. I tried a Fender Mexican Telecaster for comparison, and the both guitars had great tone. But at about half the price I ultimately decided on the Squier. It is a really great value for the money you spend. Hardware lasts for 3 years already no problems, I can tottaly depend on it.

The guitar is set up very well suitable for fast slow action. The pickups are adjusted like a normal tele would, very nice and full of history. The Bridge is amazing, I wish it had a whammy but it's still nice without it. The guitar had no flaws and I had this guitar for 3 years now. Finish was like a normal Standard tele. I think this guitar is one of the best guitars in the world.

It plays beautifuly. Excelleny buy. I've this guitar for 3 months now. I was thinking about replacing the pups. But now I've decided to keep the stock pups. Yes, it's a little noisy, but they're not noiser than other Vintage single coils. I had also borrowed some Fender noiseless pups to try. But the sound is too sterile for my taste. With noise-gate running. This guitar records beautifully. I play mostly original bluesy and jazzy music. I do not use any effects, other than a little reverb on the amps, or try to sounds like somebody else (I know I will never sounds like Albert King, Jimi Hendrix, Albert Collins, or Peter Green, no matter how hard I try. So... I just try to sound like myself :)). I use it with an old Fender Bassman. A Vox AC-15, a Vox Patherfinder 15R, and a Behringer Ultrabass 300. It sounds beautiful with all these amps. The body is a tele with alder wood, solid top and black finish. 21 jumbo frets feel really nice.