Affinity Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Telecaster

Price paid: C$ 200

Purchased from: 53rd Street Music

I mostly play country and electric blues and this suits my style really good. I don't have to use any effects and it sounds awesome through my Fender Mustang amp. I don't really use the neck pickup that often mostly just the Bridge because I love that clean sound.

My Impression of this guitar is very good and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good solid guitar that's great for practicing or rehearsing. If it were stolen or it broke I would definitley get another. The only thing I could say I wish it had would be better pickups. Other than that It's awesome.

Although this is an awesome guitar I would not play this on stage because of my pickups. After about two months the pickups were going haywire. They started just cutting out while I was in the middle of a song. Good pickups except they don't last very long. I would use It as a backup but not my main guitar. So I'm just gonna get some Fender noisless pickups and have them installed. I think the wood is really good and will probably last a long time.The finish I think is very lasting. I've bumped, scratched, and dropped it and not a mark.

I think the action is awesome right out of the box especially for a guitar at this price. I prefer les pauls for lead stuff but the action on this is pretty awesome. The only flaw on the neck was after about a month there was scratches or dents or something that made it really hard to bend the 12th fret. But that's probably my fault since I play my guitars pretty hard. The finish is gorgeous. The best finish on any of my guitars.

I think this has really good features. Made in Japan (of course), 21 frets, maple neck, and made of good solid materials. The only thing I don't like is the pickup selector which feels like it could come off any second but other than that this guitar has really good features.