Affinity Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Telecaster

Purchased from: PMT Bristol

I mainly play Jam songs and Muse songs and this guitar fits it perfectly, the pickups can be noisy at times but it's not that noticeable unless you have interference near the guitar (phones etc.) I am using it with a Vox Valvetronix VT20+ and a Marshall BB-2 Bluesbreaker Pedal. I use some of the effects on the amp such as Tube OD (tube screamer) and chorus. I would recommend using this guitar on both pickups with the volume and tone all the way up and have it on a clean sound to get the best sound out of it.

This guitar is the best guitar I have ever bought and will last me for many years. It is hard to point out any problems with it and if problems did occur they could be easily repaired due to the large amount of Telecaster parts available on the Internet. I am considering installing a Bigsby Tremolo System onto the guitar to add some variety to my playing. I recommend this guitar to anyone, beginner or advanced. Keep Rocking!

This guitar will withstand live playing with no problems at all. It is built like a tank and can withstand being stepped on no problem (N.B Not been tried yet) I can definitely depend on it, the hardware will last for a long time and the strap buttons hold the strap on really well. The finish is good enough and should not come off with regular use, but then again, natural relicing does look cool.

The guitar was well set up at the factory and I had no problems with the truss rod or action. The volume knob is very jumpy and does not have a smooth gradual volume range which hinders techniques such as violining.

This amazing guitar was originally bought as a spare guitar to take to school and get smashed up in the storage cupboard. This alder bodied, 24 fret Telecaster is extremely good for the money and feels like a proper Telecaster, it has 2 single coil pickups and a 3-way toggle switch and a volume and tone knob. The pickups are very good for the price and can get that proper tele twang if used properly. The neck pickup has a great bluesy sound and the bridge has a really nice trebly feel to it which is unique to the Telecaster. The tuners are very good as they stay in tune really well but can go out if used for a long time.

repoTHEemo
    I would much rather prefer an Epiphone to a Squier, mainly because the former is more reliable. I've tried an equal amount of them and I've owned one of each, and my Squier (when I got it brand new) literally turned off. It sounds really crazy but I swear to god, the thing just turned off.