Bullet review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 5.2 Decent
Squier: Bullet

Purchased from: K&S Music

The sound isn't bad, you need some nice lovely distortion to make it fit my style but what guitar wouldnt need that? It's noisy on the centre and bridge pickup sets though, so I don't like that. Overall, for a guitar this cheap, I'd say its not bad sound.

I play a lot of metal-not the right guitar for that haha I've been playing for about 6 years, I've had this guitar for like 5 of those years. I wouldnt buy it again if it was stolen or lost I hate how I get so much noise out of the pickup selector and now I'm havin problems with the output so I get like a buzz from my amp. I would never buy a Squier again, I used to own an Squier Affinity pbass it also and had many problems not unlike this. May be it's just old but its pretty bad that I've never played a live show and its already breaking and I take care of it.

Will this guitar withstand live playing? Probably not, never even used it for that. Does the hardware seem like it will last? Probably. Is the finish good enough to last, or does it seem thin and easy to wear off with lots of playing? It'll wear off with lots of playing, it already has. Are the strap buttons solid? No. Can you depend on it? Would you use it on a gig without a backup? No, I wouldn't ever use it at a live show, all I use it for is band practice and its broke on me there like so many times it sucks.

The action was a little too crappy for me so I lowered it but I do a lot of bends/hammerons that sorta stuff for solos, and I like to actually have my fingers touch the fretboard when I play. The pickups were adjusted like perfect. A noisy pickup selector is a bad problem on this.

Made in Indonesia (like all Squiers I think).21 frets. 5 way selector, two tone, and one volume. 3 singles pickup configuration. Definately Strat body style.