Bullet review by Squier

Squier: Bullet

Purchased from: Music Force

The sound is good for clean play (sounds better without distortion, depending on what amp you have though) but will sound OK for modern rock. Do not play hard rock or metal with this guitar as it sounds disgusting. Has good melody sound and accompniment but I wouldn't play in concert, just practice. Make sure you play with tone on full, pickup on the second setting (first two closest to the neck) and sound all the way up as is not very effective anyway, but if playing with distortion turn the tone down a bit cos it sounds twangy otherwise. Sounds good with palm mute. My harmonics keep going out but I fixed that but I don't know if all bullets do that so I can't say anything on that.

I generally play rock, modern rock, solos or clean guitar and it seems to suit me fine. I'll probibly buy another electric soon, but I'm fine with this one at the moment. I've been going for 5 years now and have two other guitars (acoustic and electric-acoustic), Dr Rhythm drumkit, casio keyboard and 15 watt Drive cd 100 amp. If it were stolen (I wouldn't lose it) the I would probibly buy a different guitar and get a feel for that instead. I love the way it slides and it gives an OK vibrato depending on how good you are, and if you lower the strings a bit it feels really great. Real great guitar for beginners or students, or even for just a good old jam in your garage.

This guitar will definitly last a while (I've had mine for 4 years) and the hardware generally doesn't wear out from age. Nothing is going to snap off this beauty and the finish doesn't wear but the paint chips easily. The scratchplate shouldn't need replacing unless you completely annihilate your guitar with 2mm picks. I would not use it live.

It was set up pretty good at the factory but the pickups were shocking. The strings were great (Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel). Apart from that everything else was great and doesn't need any fiddling around with.

This is a 2000 Squire Bullet crafted in China. I has a 21 medium jumbo fret maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. It features a non-tremelo HardTail six-saddle bridge with five way switching and three single coil pickups, two tone controls and one volume(which isn't very effective). I also got a rectangle hard CB case, locking strap, lead, 15 watt Drive CD 100 amplifier and tuner. It has pearloid dot inlays and the body is lamenated hardwood, red colour and polyurethane finish with white ply scratchplate.

OttovanZanten
    i hate squier necks, they feel so cheap... save some more money and get an Ibanez, most of the time more value for your money =P