Bullet review by Squier

Squier: Bullet

Purchased from: Kent

The pickups are amazing for this cheap little Guitar. They can pick up anything you wish them to, and with a good amp (Like a Fender 25R or something), you can make this thing do wonders. It can get a little buzz on the second bass string if you are not careful while tightening and raising the strings on the bridge, but aside from this, it fits as a great acoustic, power, harmonic, and moderate metal. This mug sounds alright distorted, if you can get a good effects pedal or a good enough amp gain. I would definitely use this in show (unless you are doing a little too heavy metal, it can't cope with that too well).

Overall, it is a great guitar; one I will always use in Anarchy. It is versatile, and can play almost any music with a good effects pedal and amp. If it were stolen or lost, I would simply buy another. They are generally pretty cheap, and make a good starting and playing guitar, ranging from $60 to $200 USD. The look and feel is like a Strat, but the body is a bit more thinner and the side cut is perfect, making it really comfortable to play standing, sitting, laying, etc. I would recommend this to Satin himself.

This will never break, unless you beat it to submission with the floor. 2mm picks can damage your pickups, and give a horrible noise, as well as kill your pick board. This is the most dependable guitar I have ever owned, nothing bad (except the amp jack being pushed in) has come of it. The keys are a little easy to bump and tweek yourself out of tune, but nothing major. This thing's like a brick wall, so cherish it.

This is set up well, straight from the factory (except for the steel strings, you know those are bad for a guitar's health) and is overall with a little tuning, ready to play. The pickups are, like I said, amazing, and I wouldn't adjust them at all (except maybe raise the deep end a teeny bit, mainly because I am a bassist at heart). Everything is finely made and finished off to good Fender quality; the only hardware problem I have experienced was the amp jack washer breaking and the jack itself being pushed all the way into the guitar. The nut must have been tightened a little too tight, because with a new washer, and a looser nut, it is fine, now.

A 21-fret rosewood neck with copper fret covers with a pretty laminated blue body that virtually never scratches. The pick board is just as invincible. It has a five-way tones with a volume control that works very good sensitively while playing with a loud amp. It has two tone wheels, which work like a charm, and great pickups. The pickups are awesomely sensitive (almost a little too sensitive) and great for melody acoustics as the front guitar. (Mine) has nickel coated nylon strings (as to not warp the neck like my ghet-tar), which can be a little annoying and twangy if not tightened right. The bridge is totally adjustable to anything you like (high, low, tight, loose, etc). This is a great look for Fender fans, but I wouldn't recommend it for Heavy metal (just for the looks). From what I can find out, it only comes in one color, which is a metallic dark blue (as pictured at the top) with a pale-white pick board, and this is a drop back for those (like me) would prefer black or red. This monster is also durable as a brick wall--It can take a lot of abuse. I haven't gotten a visible scratch through it's laminate, and if you knew me, you wouldn't want me to own a guitar. I can be almost as abusive as Cobain. There is a small problem, though. The head likes to pop off sometimes if the strings are too low and tight, and you are playing some high melody, so be careful there.

Voiseylovesrock
    ihavenoname93
    Voiseylovesrock wrote: im contsantly hearin that the squier strotocaster is a really good guitar to learn on but ive had one for a year now and first do u think i should get a new guitar and if i should what would you sujest for about 200 which would suit someone who plays alot of nirvana, thanks
    well i dont no wat a is worth but you should get a new guitar. this is pretty much the hell of guitars right here
    sorrykid77
    why would i get a 99 dollar squire piece of shit i guess with shitty guitars you get shitty reviews
    FileDeleted
    For my first guitar, i went to a local music shop and they had a guitar/amp deal for $180. so i had the money and bought it because it seemed like a good deal to start out with. I've been playing for about 3 months and been trying to find out more about the guitar. i heard there was 2 types, standard and special. so I was just cleaning it and i found a small sticker on the back saying it was the special kind. anyone know the price of the special or is it the same as standard?
    Hired Goon
    What do you guys expect for $100. I'm personally impressed that it's actually quite a playable guitar. I bought a pink one for my neice. Sure the hardware is cheap, and the pickups are noisy, but man for $100 I'm amazed they can make profit out of it. I don't really care that it's laminate, as I think personally that for electrics the wood choices for body aren't so important. 10-15 years ago a $100 guitar would be absolutely terrible, but I'm telling you Chinese labour has been great for improving the quality of low end guitars. Upgrade the pickups and maybe the tuners, and I tell you what - this cheap little bastard would hold it's own against much more expensive guitars. In it's stock state, I agree, it isn't well suited for metal, but neither is your average Fender with single coils.
    stmapete
    I must say I'm impressed by this guitar. I had a Bullet as my first guitar I got 6 or 7 years ago. I upgraded to a '72 Tele Custom only 3 years later, but that bullet is still in the basement at my house. I holds up well, and my younger brother still uses it to jam with his friends
    azndevilboy98
    This was my first electric guitar, honestly, its not that bad,If you throw some effects on it ( im using a boss Metal Zone) then it actually sounds pretty decent. Also mine actually stays in tune incredibly well. The thing i dont like about it though is that the pickups are really weak and you cant tap :'(
    nirvanapwns
    save 50 more bucks and buy a jagmaster
    Erlend Johan
    Ibanez are crappy, cheap...not much better than a fender squier. Get an esp if you want to rock hard.
    Ali-b912
    esp are quite cheap and really heavy. also they sound shitty on anything that isnt metal. ibanez can do anything from jazz to punk to shred. and even the ibanez gio shits all over a squier.
    hellraiserharry
    pure crap it is not worth its price it should be used as a butcher block. i hate mine!!! Erlend Johan was right to an extent ibanez sux the cheap guitars are crap from ibanez the higher series are really spectacular but the lower series are shit . dale-banez dude he is right about ESP so shut up u NSync fan
    ldl67
    good for beginners because its inexpensive - i think its about $100-$250 - and its ok.
    sic_riffs
    ha this can go in the wood chipper cuz wood laminate is like plywood WEAK!!!!!
    mr. ...
    its ok for your first guitar but once you get better you'll hate this....fender abortion
    dale-banez
    I bought one of these.....i actually sort of like it, but the only reason I bought it was because me and my friend are going to make twin v's out of out strats and I didnt want to chop up mine so...yeah. but the only way to decide if you like it is to play it first