Bullet review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Squier: Bullet

Price paid: C$ 180

Purchased from: san Fran Pawnbrokers

I play originals and I am influenced by Bends era Radiohead, The Cure, The Verve, Tom Petty, Oasis, and AC/DC. This guitar is now stuffed with Evans Eliminators. The Squire has a really nice bell like tone. Sounds blossom out of it. Low noise thanks to the pickups. variety? well I have other guitars for other sounds I try not to move this guitar out of it's natural territory.

Great for pretty arpegiatted parts, I've been playin for twenty years. I own a lot of other guitars. 1983 Ibanez artist, 1999 Hamer Vanguard, no name setneck tele thinline Washburn d10 Scedl (unsure of year), 1980 Yamaha rosewood and spruce Dreadnought, 2008 Jay Turser Jumbo elctric Acoustic, Ibanez electro Nylon Strung Classical, 2001 Ovation 1868 Elite. Really I just like the tone and easy playability, it would be hard to find and it's started to appreciate in value but yes I would totally replace this. Hate the lame ass aesthetics. I never directly compared it to other guitars I bought it because I fell in love with it.

Oh yeah it's 25 years old it can take a Live show or two. Ugly. It's not versatile enough to use on a gig sans backup. Sturdy Sturdy Guitars. The thing is already ugly though I'm not too stressed about it. It can take the abuse because it's already taken the abuse.

Out of the factory? does not apply. I got this used but after a setup from a local pro and a good fret dressing the action is excellent.

Made in the early 1980's in Japan, this 21 fret maple neck and fret board, poplar bodied Strat style guitar features a tele style head stock with what is refered to as a slab body. Meaning that a Standard Strat guitar has an angled cut at the players picking arm for comfort, the siver Bullet is missing that feature. Originally this guitar came in I believe just two colors black and red, and only with a Vintage Fender style tremelo. Volume, Tone, 5-way selector and pickguard mounted jack. Three pickups all single coils no included accessories. Sounds like a cheap guitar and it was. Squire totally scrimped on the features and boycotted any option other than OOOh an option paint job. What they did'nt scrimp on was materials and tone. this is a super pretty guitar - Tonally. Just not a very sexy guitar.

Davey13
    i have had my bullet for years now, its getting old and tatty and its been upgraded and modded, i own more expensive guitars now, but this guitar has a great neck and for what you pay i think its a bargain, of course its wont be amazing or great for all styles, but if your a beginner and want a cheap guitar to see how you will take to playing i think that it is a great buy.
    Philly C
    im a bass player i have pretty big hands and this tiny neck is inconvinient i like my gibson SG more i got this thing in '02 my first guitar, i sucked then and i suck now but i hate this thing even when its in perfect tune it sounds like its out whenever you play sharps or flats. its realy nice for the money and great for when you are ten but when you hit your teens put it in the basement and get a decent ****ing guitar. i had to switch to the bass cuz i couldnt fit my fingers on the fingerboard lol i need to upgrade maybe a gretsch or maybe i could get a deal on a gibson or a nice ibanez or something.