Bullet review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Squier: Bullet

Price paid: C$ 25

I play a huge variety of music, Pink Floyd, System Of A Down, Metallica, Nirvana, Iron Maiden, and the Beatles are just a few examples. This guitar can handle most of the songs I play with some effectiveness. But the guitar can handle a power chord which uses 4 strings or more. It can handle metal or hard rock sytles okay, but it is downright awful to play punk songs on. Old punk bands which use a lot of chords sound the worst. I use a basic amp with little effects other than distortion. This guitar is annoying. The sounds isn't rich and the guitar is noisy. It will hum after a minute or two without touching it. Then again, some of this may be because of the guitar's wear, it is years old and apparently has been dropped down a flight of stairs.

I'm just starting guitar, and have been playing for about 4 or 5 months. My first guitar was a really bad Acoustic, so even if this guitar is pretty bad it was an upgrade. For beginners, this guitar is good. But you'll get bored of it quick. After a year, max, you'll want a new one. In Canada, for around, 50 bucks more you can get a better Squire model. The sound of the guitar bothers me the most. This wasn't a big investment for me, and I'm just waiting for this thing to break so I can buy a new guitar.

This guitar will withstand near anything. Like I said, it has been dropped down the stairs and been smashed accidently on walls and doors. But it still sounds okay. I'm a new guitarist, so I don't play live, so I have no say on that. The strap buttons aren't the best, the guitar has a tendancy to slip off. This guitar doesn't sound too good even if you buy it new, but it will last. Almost any part can be fixed or bought.

The guitar was well set up when I got it. Pick-ups are okay, strings are fine. Only the 1st string is a problem. It was put on very poorly, so after a month or two it snapped off. But then again, I got it used. Otherwise the guitar was built well. Newer versions come with a basic amp and cable, for about 130 CAD, and that is a good deal.

This guitar is an old model made in China and bought in Canada. Has 21 frets and a rosewood fingerboard. I'm picky with the fingerboard, so in my opinion this guitar is annoying to play. It's in the sytle of a regular Strat, nothing too special. Volume, 2 Tones, and a 5 way pick-up is given. Most Bullets have 3, but for some odd reason mine has 5. They guy I got it from said it was custom, but he lies a lot.

Philly C
    wow its been nearly a year and im still the last person to have left a comment, ok i think differently now. i play a fender jaguar HH witha neck not much bigger, and my failure to use this guitar (now my brothers) was my fault as a noob guitarist. really a fine instrument for the money, but really, 200 bux more and you could have a real rockstar instrument. but, hey, coming from a guy who hates single coils with an immense passion.
    Morio66
    Bought a second hand one. I was surprised by this really cheap guitar. Maybe not the best sound, but I really like to play it. Wouldn't use it on stage, but for practising it is really okay. Great neck (this one rosewood).