Bullet review by Squier

Squier: Bullet

Well at the time my style was heavy heavy heavy. I was going for a metal rhythm guitar chunky sound. I never could use this guitar, I always needed to use my dad's SG or his personal Charvel. The tone never struck me as impressive and I couldnt get excited about it. I wanted a new guitar for a while. Don't get me wrong, I wish I took advantage of this thing more when I was younger. It is a sweet electric for the money and I still kinda wish I hung onto it for the single coild Pups. I have two guitars now a Fender Jag HH with the two dragster 'buckers, and I have my Jackson DK2M with twin Duncan 'buckers. I'm kinda thinking about making my next guitar a tele or maybe an ibanez, something with singles.

I wish it had more than a 21 fret neck.

Live? Hell to the NO practice? Learning? Yes yes YES maybe as a backup guitar to your Strat if you are in a tight place. Structurally its tough as nails though.

Also, like I said, the action, close to the nut, difficult to use, and set up at the factory the D string buzzed. But the finish... In 5-6 years of abuse and neglect I only chipped one little piece of paint from the upper cutaway. 0 oxidization and its built like a brick wall.

I think I got it in '04 maybe late '03. It is a great beginner instrument, I no longer have it, I gave it to my brother when I got serious about music and bought a Jackson. Straight up Dark Blue color with a white pick guard, always had a little buzz on the "D" string. It is a tough instrument for sure. As I got older, and started playing music more and actually putting an effort towards learning I began to find that the tone wasn't for me. I was going through a phase of metal worshipping. Probably how I wound up choosing Jackson as the brand of my future guitar. It has what I believe was a maple neck topped with a rosewood fretboard, great rosewood too, nice and dark in color. Straight ahead Dot inlays, nothing fancy, with 21 little fretts. The neck was comfortable to hold in my hand, but my hands are bigger than average, really long bony fingers. So playing it, as a beginner, was next to impossible. Compared to the Jackson with its neck wide enough to land a jumbo jet between the strings. It had the traditional 3 single pups and the 5 way selector switch. And of course passive electronics. There were issues with the jack after not too long, I never could figure out the problem for sure. But I didn't know what I was looking at.

evan-simpson22
    I frickin found this guitar in a garbage can thats how bad it is, the tone is terrible and its a really sloppy guitar, only reason i still have it is cause, well i found it so im gonna throw some seymour duncans in it and sell the thing
    Cam'sGuitarSolo
    mr. ... wrote: its ok for your first guitar but once you get better you'll hate this....fender abortion
    I agree with this, in fact it IS my first guitar and I'm happy with it. Of course I want a better one but this is a good start to learn it from and to orientate what you DO want from a guitar, because after you can play some guitar you want better quality and better sound. As I said: Good start.
    Lucifarion
    I have 2 squier bullets a 3 pickup hardtail in black, and a 1 pickup special in orange. I did a set-up on it as i got it used and it was set-up like crap. but they are very sturdy guitars... yes they are plywood (laminate) but that just makes these beasts bullet proof.... anyone who tells you otherwise is a tool. I have owned MIA strats, MIM strats, Jacksons, Ibanez's, SG's, Les Pauls, and even a Dean and a couple of teles. The neck on both my bullets are great, as for "they aren't good for metal" i play mainly metal and classic rock and it can handle anything i throw at it. I've been playing for 17yrs and have never really had any problems with it except the input jack (this is a common issue). So tired of players blaming their guitar for their lack of skill, fret buzz disappears with a good set-up, and any buzzing after a propper set-up is you not the guitar, so get over it. These guitars are NOT just for begginers... if you don't beleive me pop into strat-talk.com, or squier-talk.com these guys will give you the real skinny on these axes... and they are players and modders... not just tools with 2yrs of experience and a hankering to be billy talent. do some research and you will find that most bullet owners love them, and use them daily despite the fact that they have "better" guitars.
    KitaraFani96
    This is good for your first guitar, cause well there's nothing really wrong with it. It does everythin OK no more no less.