Bullet review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 4.6 Poor
Squier: Bullet

Purchased from: A classmate on my school's varsity football team

The instrument does not fit my music style. I've run it with a lot of different effects and amp models. It only works well on the clean channel or an acoustic modeler. The Drive doesn't sound good at all. The sound is only good if you are a jazz, blues, or acoustic rhythm guitarist who can do well without using professional equipment. If you like to play heavy metal, you are looking at the wrong instrument.

This is the only electric I've owned in my guitar career and I haven't seen worse... Yet. Out of the 17-18 months I've been playing, I've used this instrument for 7 months. I wish I had known that the instrument didn't have the capabilities of the professional gear. The only thing that was a true keeper about the instrument was the finish that it had. The pickups and electronics were horrible and didn't sound professional. The neck/bridge tension wasn't good for my playing level. I chose this because it was a cheap way to start out my guitar career on the electric. If I lost this product I would definitely get another instrument.

The strap buttons work well. The hardware lasts but doesn't perform well. The bridge doesn't stand up to Baritone strings. It's not good for a gig but still good for a beginner's playing. The finish will last. You cannot use it in a gig because it is a guitar that absolute beginners learn to play/practice on.

The action sucks. The guitar was cheap. It is only for an absolute beginning guitarist. The bridge tension is too low which means I can't shred and I almost jammed a finger trying to do an extreme bend and the sustain sucks. I've installed some Baritone strings from GHS and the guitar doesn't do well with them. In fact, the low E snapped a bridge saddle. I ended up getting a new set (which cost me 20 bucks). The finish was amazing though. One of the nicest I've ever seen.

The instrument was made in Indonesia. The maple neck sports a rosewood fretboard with 21 frets. The body style is a Strat. The bridge is a six saddle. There are 2 tone knobs, 1 volume knob, and a 5 way selector switch. There are 3 single coil pickups/ The tuners are chrome and non-locking but very shiny. I bought the instrument with a 28 watt Squier sidekick amp, an amp cord and a navy blue Levi's strap. The body of the guitar looks very nice and so do the tuners.

AngryLarry_fin
    Ahem! Most of the guys making these reviews don't know ANYTHING about guitar playing because of the lack of experience... "U can't use this on a gig because it's not a PRO guitar..." Really ?! Ummm... How does that make the guitar incapable for gigging and playing live ? With small adjustments this guitar is perfectly capable of handling almost any style of music... including heavy metal etc. I think these cheaper guitars have much more value to the money than some 5k USD custom shop guitars if they are just set up right and played with some skill. Only cons about these guitars that I've heard is that Bullets doesn't stay in tune very well because those lousy tuners and the pickup output is quite low. Tuners are cheap and most of them don't even feature that problem. Low output can be compensated with tight playing, good fingers and just a little more growl in the amp. All the adjustments that are talked about in these reviews are due to bad setup... not a bad guitar. - AngryLarry, Finland
    rv_phoenix
    ... Except for the crappy sound coming out of its Chinese stock pickups and plywood body... which is terrible for a first guitar, because it relegates you away from it.
    MaggaraMarine
    The sound is only good if you are a jazz, blues, or acoustic rhythm guitarist who can do well without using professional equipment .
    Whattahell are you talking about? You mean that only for metal you need a good guitar? Because when you play metal you have that much distortion that you won't hear the guitar's own sound any more. You'll just hear the distortion stompbox. In that kind of styles (blues and jazz) you play with clean sound so that's where you really need a good sounding guitar. I'm not saying that metal music sucks and I pretty much like metal but this kind of guys just make me angry. Metal is not the only genre in the world!
    ctgblue
    I'm glad some people like these, but i spent time in GC recently trying to find one for cheap and the tuners were so bad I could not get any of the 4 of them to tune up properly. these were the 'non sealed tuners' with just a metal cover over them, they squeaked and did not hold. The step up to the affinity really seems like the only option, although there are a lot of guitars that are less than the bullet, with the same hardware as the affinity series, they just don't have the fender markups on them, but are probably made side by side. I would recommend to someone who is condisdering a bullet to go put your hands on it first. These things vary greatly from one to another. I just happened to get 4 of them that were all equally as bad.
    ITucker_034I
    dis guitar is so bad cant handl any metulz. need an ibanez ibanez rul lol xD But seriously I have one of these and it aint bad, decent sustain and weight for its price (45 second hand). the biggest downsides are the pickups, and the neck, both of which feel cheep (because its a cheap guitar!) Well worth it for me (bassist looking for a guitar to mess about with). Ibanez ain't bad either
    karlsjones
    I think the problem is quality control. I beleive I was lucky and got a good one. I have 8 other guitars but this was my first electric and I still enjoy playing it 10 years on. I played a mate's recently and it was aweful. Pot luck I suspect!!
    roddy1977
    Awful guitar, impossible to tune up properly due to lower frets being sharp in pitch in comparison to the open strings
    ITucker_034I
    Loosen the string, move the bridge saddle back, repeat. (I think its back, you should probably google it). But that should fix the problem, its the intonation.