Bullet Special review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Special

Purchased from: Used

I play punk mostly, the humbucker suits my stile very well, you can get a nice distortion with it and it sounds well on all the amps I played. I use my dad's boogie amp mostly and it sounds well with it, I will soon buy a Peavey bandit 112. I use no effects with it. It's a nit noisy because of the humbucker but it doesn't matter much to me. It has a pretty full sound and when you don't play on an amp it also sounds very well.

I love everything about it!

I did one gig with it and it did its job very good, maybe I'll put new tuners on it because these are non-locking. Maybe I'll put a semour duncan super distortion in it when I'm rich but everything is good now. I've putted straplocks on it but the original strap buttons weren't very bad. I can depend on it and I don't need beackup for this guitar. The finish is good, I dropped it and I have no scratches, only some on the pickgaurd.

There wasn't anything wrong with it, and the action is good to.

My Bullet Special was made in 2003, in Indonesia. It has 21 medium jumbo frets and a rosewood fingerboard I guess, the neck is thin, I like that. I guess it has a laminated because that's what the other review says. It has a maple body. It's orange, I like that very much, it's also available in dark blue and metallic, it has a black pickgaurd. It' actually just a Strat but with one humbucker and one volume knob. It doesn't have a normal string-thru body bridge like a normal Strat, the strings don't go through the body. The humbucker is active. It only has one volume knob, you don't need more. Tuners are non-locking, that's the only bad thing about it. I bought it used so I got no accessories with it.