Bullet Special review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Special

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Uhm, well as far as I can express, this guitar fits my style perfectly. I play mostly punk rock, or whatever I think sounds alright. I found that with my other guitar (which is an Oscar Schmidt semi-hollowbody) I get bogged down and distracted with pickup and tone configurations, and this guitar (with the SH-8) provides the perfect tone I need that can cut through anything in its way. I'm using this guitar with an old nasty Peavey amp that I hate and throw things at and the guitar still sounds alright, so I'm convinced it's a rad thingy. There's no varitey in tone other than amp settings and how and where you pick. Which is good. Less is more.

Well this guitar is as close to perfect as I could ask for right now. Sure, it's missing a few nice little nuances, but I can deal. The things it needs to have are a new paint job and new tuners. The thing I love most about my guitar is the one volume knob and one pickup configuration. I hate really complicated gaudy s--t and this guitar is the simplest design out there.

This guitar is a rock. I pull full confidence in it's ability to perform live, because only shitty guitarists can't overcome simple problems. The only real qualm I have with this guitar is the tuning stability, and tuners can be replaced for a relatively low amount of money.

Well for a $90.00 guitar this was perfect from the factory aside from strings. The strings lasted me about 30 minutes. And that was on the ride to get new ones. Yeah other than that the action was fine, I lowered it a bit, I haven't had problems with fret buzz or anything like that, and it's held up really well so far. Its a tought little thing.

Ok this guitar was made in Indonesia in 2004. It's got 21 frets, with medium jumbo frets. It has a rosewood fingerboard, and it's a standard scale. I believe this guitar is made of something very cheap like poplar or the like. It is extremely light though, so I'm down with whatever tree died for it. The neck is made of maple. The finish is a super ugly silver that I plan to paint over, and as far as I know, that is the only color this guitar is available in, though I think I saw it in Musician's Friend with a blue version once. It is a Strat body style, with a HardTail Strat bridge. It has only one volume control and one humbucking pickup. The only problem is the original pickup is s--t, so I replaced it with the almighty Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader. The tuners are also s--t, and I plan to replace them with some nice Sperzels.