Bullet Special review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Special

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

As for my musical ability. it's mostly old sixties and seventies rock. Pushing it through a Kustom KAA30 acoustic amp along with a bank of Danelectro mini pedals (flanger, phaser, vibrato, wah and EQ). The EQ helps immensly with cleaning it up. Alone it has rougher sound than I expected from a Fender. With the effects tho it rocks all over the place.

Overall good match for my style. Been playing for over 25 years not the most technical player but I've pleased the people I play for. Like I said earlier a P-90 would be nice and might happen down the road but for now armed with the Takamine and Bullet I think I'm set. As long as it's blue it must be good!

Haven't had it out yet but it impressed one of my old guitar playing buddies who wants to get together. I can hear him now "Hey why don't you play the Tak. And I'll hop on the Bullet". I can't say how pleased I am for the money I spent. On the hardware, fit, finish; man I'm sold. It also is very light and has a nice balance which is a big plus.

I'll tell you what, I took it out of the box and haven't put it down yet. It may need a little neck adjust (or maybe I'm just more comfortable with the Takamine). As the width is sligthly thinner than the Tak. But I'll take it in to the shop as soon as I put it down. Like I said before the finish is perfect (really rich looking). The neck is unfinished kinda like an Ibanez which I abhore. But this is smoother somehow. And the fretboard and frets are just right. As for everybody jumping on the tuners these seem fine and hold tune OK. Remember it is a 79.99 guitar gang. Overall I'd say good is the grade.

Made in Indonesia, standard Squire Bullet Special edition. The finish is a beautiful ice blue metallic. It compliments my Takamine EG560CSB perfectly. I am quite taken by the build quality of the guitar. It was exactly what I was looking for in terms of electronics. Just one pickup and a volume knob. Actually I was in the market for a P-90 Gibson Junior but the price was out of my league. The guitar came with a two tool Hex Key set. Hard not to give it a excellent rating, as it's price alone is a no brainer as well as being backed by Fender. I would love to drop in a Black Dove pickup for that P-90 sound. Maybe down the road.