Bullet Special review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Special

Purchased from: long and mcquade

The sound of this guitar is quite good. I bought it because I couldnt afford/ find a tom delonge Fender and it was extremely similar. Now I own the Tom DeLonge and there pretty comparable guitars. I bought it and installed a Seymour Duncan invader. It sounds great for punk which is mainly what I play. Even the stock pickup wasn't bad, sounds better then the hum's in the mexican strats anyway. At the time I played it through a Fender FM 212R and it sounded really good. Some people argue you can't get a good variety of sound. This guitar would not be very suited for blues or somehting like that but it can get any kind of rock sound easily.

I play punk rock. So does this guitar. If you like the idea of tom delonges guitar but can't afford it or find it, buy this. It's absurd how cheap it is. I have been playing for 4 years. if it was lost I'd be pissed but I own 4 guitars and I hardly play this anymore since I got my tom delonge. I love the way it looks and it's simplicity. I hate how the logo looks on the headstock (just black with no outlining or anything) and I hate the action being so high (I'm fixing it). This is the best squire I've ever played.

I played this guitar live for over a year. It's great. Nice and light so if you jump around and stuff like I do, it's good for that. I replaced most of the hardware but not because it lacked in quality, I just wanted a different look. I still use this as a d-tuned backup sometimes. I would never play without a backup in case of string breaking but the guitar itself is worthy of being played without one.

The guitar was set up decently allthough the action is pretty bad. I don't play it much but I'll go home and adjust the truss rod when I get a chance. The pickups werent in there long before I replaced them but they were fine. I kind of modified this guitar a lot. The guitar is ice blue metallic with a black pickguard. I purchased all black hardware for it (input, tuners, strap locks). Since the bridge isnt anyhting special iw as looking to maybe replace that with a black bridge but haven't been able to find one of it's kind. I also plastered the guitar with stickers to give it a nice punk rock feel.

This is a korean made ice blue metallic squire. It's got 21 frets on a rosewood fretboard. It's a Strat style body. The only thing different about the shape from a Strat is that the body is thinner. It's got a hardtail string-thru bridge so you feed the strings right through the bridge itself. It came with a squire humbucker. Just one and a volume pot. The tuners are kind of Vintage but the backs of them are like the normal Fender Strat ones.

binjajer
    ..? Kudos to the dude who replaced the pup with an Invader. You could just take the bucker out nad leave a nice hole, it would sound even better.