Bullet Special review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Squier: Bullet Special

Purchased from: Pawnshop near Seattle!

Like it's simplicity, straight forwardness. Basicness. I use a Rage 158 from peavey, with Zoom 505 and DigiTech RP100. And have played it for over a year now. Got it 06/09. I saw these @ Musicians Friend.com, and local music stores. This one's broken in; it was not well taken care of. Got some scratches, buckle rash on back of guitar. Nothing serious at all, but still. I really have taken to this one. I like it's sound, although it's limited b/c of the one humbucker. Pretty much rock guitar is all that can be played. Clean settings, well, ok sounding. Not bad, but it's made to rock. And if that's your point, then this is the one.

This is a good beginner's guitar, and could stay thru a player's intermediate stage as well, with upgrades. One could do alot worse than this guitar. It's got some quality to it, so get one. These Squiers have come a long way in quality. Some are junk; this one, could be a keeper, and with upgrades, could be a decent playing guitar. Recommended.

Strap buttons, well, I had to re-drill holes to place them. No big deal. Just the bottom button, that's all. The upper bout button is still intact. I'd gig with this one on lower end gigs, like playing in a cheap, smoky bar where I wouldn't take any of my higher end guitars. So, when Joe Drunk wants to pretend he's a Rawk Star, and grab my guitar while he's stumbling over, won't worry about it. LOL!! Never play anywhere without a backup. Finish is ok. This is really a beginner/intermediate guitar, so I'm not worried about it lasting forever. However, for what it is, it's not bad.

Like stated, did fixing up myself. Now it plays great, IMO. Since it was used, again, can't say original condition, but I got it playing well again. Contained flaws? Um, some of the screws were rusty; those could be replaced. The Volume Knob Screw was loose; the washer was, and was tightened. Can't think of much else..it was fixed by me.

Well, this one's nearly identical to the picture above. Mine is a darker red color. Black pickguard, black hardware(tuners, generic sealed ones that go out of tune, plan to replace them, and black bridge. Also, black input tray). One humbucker, stock. Ohmage wise, it measured at 12-13k, so it's not a wimp 'bucker. Still, might get a replacement/upgrade. 21 frets. Rosewood fretboard/maple neck w/ skunk stripe. 2 string trees. Pretty basic, stripped down axe. Strat shaped, one volume. C'mon ppl, you know what's being reviewed here. I bought mine used, in a pawnshop, for 40 bucks. With a gig bag. Deal was: pickup, for some reason, had disconnected from volume knob. The soldering/wiring was an issue. And the gig bag, a Rockbag by Warwick, it's threading had come undone. So, as part of my rock n roll upbringing, with a side of punk ethics, DIY, I got it for 40 cheap ones. And proceeded to take it home. I did: re-soldering of the loose wires inside the pickguard, cake, and twice sewed the gigbag so that it was intact again. Also, fixed the intonation. Adjusted the truss rod, bridge saddles, gave it fresh strings. Tightened any loose whatevers. Bathed it/cleaned it up. NOW, plays quite nicely. Cool!! Also, has medium jumbo frets, very comfortable.