Bullet Special review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Squier: Bullet Special

Purchased from: local pawn shop

I play a bit of everything, and this guitar finds a way to fit that, nearly every time. I runs through a Danelectro Fab Metal pedal ($20) to a Crate Flexwave 120/212 ($250 used). I mostly play pop punk, but eventually I get tired of power-chords. It handles classic rock, but could be better, it needs more push for the solo's. I've been able to play death metal on it. I have the pickup raised 3/8". I use elixir heavy nanoweb strings, and yellow delrin picks.

For the the price, its a 9, but overall a 7. It's a fun guitar that you can through around, and not worry about it. A very enjoyable guitar, but at the end of the day, I would rather have a Les Paul.

I'm not currently in a band, so I've never gigged with it. But I wouldn't have any hesitation bringing it to a stage. It's very lightweight. When I play, I through it around a lot, and I trust the Standard strap buttons, but only because the strap I use (no name on it, but it's a brilliant design) holds the buttons very snugly.

I had to set the guitar up myself. Stays in tune to an extent. I have to retune every other day. I don't like the quality of rosewood, at all. Otherwise, no problems.

Mine was made in Indonesia ('04). My sister bought this for $99 at a local pawn shop, She gave it to me for $20 (easily the best $20 I've ever spent). It has one humbucker, one volume knob. 21 frets, Standard scale. I believe it's called "Lake Placid Blue" but I could be wrong on the name, it's just a sparkly metallic blue, with a black pickgaurd. But to be honest, The guitar looks a little awkward. Having one Bridge pickup, there's a 5" gap of nothing but pickgaurd. I put a few stickers on mine to make it look less plain. I swapped out the volume knob with a black dome knob. And with a bright red strap, It looks great.

ashes-ashes
    Hart_Attack wrote: interesting how about 60 percent of the reviews that were put up play punk so i'm assuming that this beginner guitar would suit the punk kids. i say, save up and get a dean vendetta XM thats about 100 bucks and from what my friend says "Alot better than squier guitars under $150"
    It's definitely a beginner guitar, but the dean vendetta is rubbish. Maybe I just got a dud. But the electronics were mind-numbingly bad. although, I did love how light it was.