Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

Purchased from: Music Mart

It's not bad despite what people say, it gets the job done I guess, but the pickups have this buzzing sound all the time. I'm currently using a Behringer GMX212 with an AM100 acoustic pedal (sometimes) and it plays fine. I can play all the music I'm into without any problem, but it's mostly due to the flexibility of my amp. I play punk (Blink 182, Sum 41 etc), little bit of heavy metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden) and some standard rock (RHCP) and it handles them all just fine.

I thought it was okay for the pricing and it's not as bad as people think. I've only been playing for a year and I've previously had an Affinity Squier, but this is pretty good. If it were stolen, I'd buy a better guitar 'cause I only got it 'cause I needed one right away. I like the finish (Dark Blue), but it's a pretty standard guitar with no special features besides the tremolo. I was thinking about getting new pickups for it to solve the noise problem, with the price of the EMGs I could get a better guitar all together.

I have yet to play a gig with this guitar, but I feel it could withstand a little bit of rocking. The hardware isn't bad and seems like it could aleast last a year or two. The strap buttons are of of the only things I've never had a problem with, which is a very good thing. The finish kinda chips off easily, but it should last.

When I got it, it was fine and I couldn't see any problems with it. All the pickups where fine and it didn't contain any flaws, but it does have a habit of the paint chipping off when you hit things, but I duno if that counts.

I previously had an Squier Affinity, but I broke it so I replaced it with a Bullet because they were the cheapest one I could find and I'm only a beginner so it seemed like the logical choice.

RustNeverSleeps
    how can a squier bullet strat got same valoration as a fender american standard strat? or a deluxe strat? cant understand you! if i compare a standard american fender strat and rate it with lets saz 8,5 cause its not a perfect guitar but a real good one i think, how can you rate a bullet strat the same? in comparation i would give it a 1,8 i think, and this onlz because there are behringer strats and cheap imitations... i think players who did these ratings never ever before held a original fender strat in their hands... i played both, a bullet, an standard strat by squier, a malmsteen strat by fender, a deluxe strat and a standard strat... and well... you cant compare these guitars... you cant compare a behringer gmx110 to a mesa boogie dual rectifier... its impossible... and i think these ratings wont help any beginner... sorry by the way... im not saying, buy a fender strat for 1500 bucks to begin guitar playing
    OttovanZanten
    "I'm using it with a Marshall MG30 amp and together they sound like a dream." er... train ur ears, i have never heard some1 say that amp rules be4, the MG series suck so badly, it only has 1 kind of sound wich sucks, to my (and most other opinion).
    OttovanZanten
    hm.. for the quality, yes, get an ibanez, much more value for the money (but 200 is a normnal price for a bullet, i think)
    OttovanZanten
    hm... the comparisation between price and quality? you're right, everybody loves their guitar, so do I, so everybody over-rates them..