Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

Purchased from: Music Place

My musical style is metal and hardcore, with some grunge and punk. This guitar suits my style pretty well. A little tinny though, definitely a beginners guitar. On one of the pickup selections, it creates a bright, glassy tone. On the opposite pickup setting, and with the tone knob that is closest to the bridge turned to zero, a very bassy sound can be heard. The tone knob furthest from the bridge doesnt't seem to make much difference. There is a lot of pickup buzzing noise. I am using a Zoom effects pedal with this, and with the sound bypass feature, it gets rid of the buzzing noise.

This is a great beginners guitar! I have been playing for about a yearthrough a Fender Fromtman 15G amp and a Zoom G2 pedal, and they are great all together. I only wish it had a humbucker-single coil-single coil configuration, but other wise is great. If this was stolen, I'd bash the theif over the head with it, and thered be be hardly to none finish loss! If you are just starting out I strongly reccomend this guitar.

This guitar will perfectly stand live playing, it can be bashed around a bit with minimal scars on the finish. The only thing is if youwould want to play it live. If you did want to, you wouldn't even need a backup. It hold it's tuning really well, even in alternate tunings like drop C.

I have already mentioned the buzzing pickups, that is the only flaw I can think of. The rest of the guitar is pretty good. The guitar was perfectly set up at the factory, with long lasting strings and everything. The neck is a little grainy, so a little uncomfotable.

Made in 2005. Made in Indonesia. 23 frets. Arctic white (cream) finish (well that was my finish, anyway) Strat style body. String-thru body bridge with tremolo arm. Controls: volume, 2 tome, 5-way pickup switch. 3 single coil pickups. Allens key included.

super7am
    Actually, I have held a true strat in my hands, my best friend has one, feels friggin excellent, but were asked to rate the GUITAR, not in comparison to other guitars! Of course the true strat is better!
    bgarnham
    really good guitar to start it sounds more harmonic than a squier california (the model that is replacing the bullet strato) and is economy is one of the best guitars for beguiners and you can transform it changing the pickups to anothers of $300 and it sound like a profesional guitar