Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

Purchased from: World of Music Mackay

I'm into rock n roll, nu-metal, blues and a bit of pop (The Beatles, Robbie Williams etc). This guitar works wonders with my Legend 40watt amp (with overdrive) to get some wacked sounds. I can get similar sounds to AC/DC, Avenged Sevenfold, Pantara, Iron Maiden, and Twisted Sister with the overdrive on; and without the overdrive I can get The Beatles, Chuck Berry, a bit of Hendrix, and some BB King. This guitar hums on all the pickup settings put just touching the bridge gets rid of it. The sound it pretty bad without tone on 10, it just loses it's body, but the Natural harmonics on it a preety good (don't ask about others I don't know how to play them).

Again I play rock, nu-metal, blues and pop, and this guitar takes all of them without a second look. I have been playing seriously for about a year and a half (at time of publication) and apart from my fathers twelve-string Seagull acoustic this is the guitar I played the most. If this guitar was stolen and I had to get either a new one or something else I would get something else, maybe a Epiphone SG or Les Paul because they're cheap but reliable (I know a guy Who perfected Guns N Roses Sweet Child o' Mine in the shop on a Epiphone LP Ultra). I choose this guitar becuase it was cheap, and I knew nothing about guitars at the time. Any guitars I wished I had, hmm, lets see. Gibson SG, Gibson LP, Gibson Firebird, Fender Starcaster, Gibson ES-335 Dot, Gretsch White Falcon, Gretsch Double Jet Electromatic, Ibanaz S520, ESP Ninja, Rickenbacher 360/12, Gibson Twin necked SG; to name a few.

I think this guitar would be reasonable for bar or small club shows but anything bigger would proberly destroy it. The neck pickup has already rusted, less than a year after purchase with proper cleaning and maintainance done on it, but the other two pickups look like they could be straight out of the box new. The finish is thick as all hell, about 1-1.5 mm thick (chipped the paint near the saddle and it took a small piece of paint off and I could see how thick the paint was. And as for going into a gig without a backup, definetly not, no guitarist would go into a gig with only one guitar, even if it is just sharing with another guitarists.

The action on this guitar is ok, not too high but not too low (I want it lower though), and the strings buzz quite often while playing. The Bridge tremelo wasn't set-up, but I don't know whose fault that is. Other than that it was put together, in my opinion, like a version it was based on (Fender Stratocaster for thos who don't know).

My 2005 black Squier (by Fender) Bullet Strat was made in Japan. It has 21 frets on a 24" rosewood fretboard, a bolt-on neck, a hardword body, and a Vintage Stratocaster Tremolo bridge. It has 3 single-coil pickups, a 5-way selector, 2 tone and a volume knobs. I don't know what brand of tuners are on my guitar but the one on my g-string (no joke) kept sliping while I was playing, with or without using the whammy-bar, but I chucked some glue (Clag pasta to be exact) on the tuner and that works fine after 3 string changes. It came with a strap and a half dozen plectrums.

Masteract
    yea ive always had a problem with the imput but its a great beginners guitar!
    MAXA_BG
    In late September 2007, Squier reintroduced the Squier Bullet as the "Squier Bullet Strat." The new Bullet model features a tremolo, along with a standard rosewood fretboard and 3 single-coil pickups. To refute previous criticisms of modern Bullets being made using mystery plywood, the guitar is now being made using solid Basswood.