Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

Purchased from: Mall Music Sydney

For a guitar of this price, the sound is pretty good. I'm using mine with the 15-watt sqier amp that came in the package with this guitar, which sucks alot, but gets the job done. The three pickups give some variety; the neck pickup is very warm, while at the bridge the sound is bright and peaky. Clean, this guitar actually sounds really good, but it is more lacking on the distortion front. Surprisingly however, The Bridge pickup is very good at picking up pinch and natural harmonics, better even than many guitars of a higher price. All the pickups do give off a lot of excess noise, so be warned!

Unfortunately for me, my preferred genre is heavy metal, and I often play in the styles of Metallica, Lamb Of God, and Trivium. This guitar really doesn't suit me in this respect, and to even get close to the sounds I want I have to keep all the tone and distortion knobs up full, else it sounds more like AC/DC. Palm muting is very bad too. If you have this guitar and want to play metal, I would suggest getting an overdrive pedal, else, get a new guitar. I chose this guitar simply because I was a beginner and it was by far the cheapest guitar around, and In that respect, I don't regret my decision at all. For the money it was a great buy. A simple thing to have made this guitar better (in my opinion) would be having two humbuckers, instead of the three singles. The thing I love about this guitar is it's supreme affordability (just about anyone can learn electric guitar now), but I hate the way it goes out of tune so easily. Another thing I dislike is the lead jack: the lead can dislodge itself very easily, meaning halfway through a song you just end up with feedback and can't continue until you've pushed the lead back into place. I am currenty saving for a much better guitar (and ESP eclipse, or maybe even a randy rhoads) as a replacement for this guitar. All considered, this guitar gets the job done, and as A beginner that is what I cared about the most.

I've had It for about a year now, and played almost every day, and it shows no signs of wearing out. I've never played with it Live, and I wouldn't count on it for the reason that the lead input is quite dodgy. That aside, this guitar is robust, and could definitely take a beating.

Because I got this in a kit, It was extremely out of tune when I got it. Other than that, I have few other complaints. Everything on the guitar works, and there were no dings or scratches anywhere. It is worth pointiing out however that this guitar will go out of tune very easily, which is why I never use the tremolo.

My Bullet Strat is new-ish (2005-6)model I think but I'm not exacly sure. I got the black one. It has a laminated body (not sure what kind of wood), 22 medium frets, and a rosewood fingerboard. It also features three single coil pickups, just like the much more expensive Fender model. It has a trem at the bridge too.

MP93
    200 for Squier? I bought Bullet Strat and Fender Frontman 15G amp for that money, but both had 50% lower price.
    Devil Biscuit
    i got 1 4 crimbo and it is great to start with but sooner or l8er the single coils do get a weak and u wanna get somw humbuckers, i now got an epiphone g-400 SG custom 3 pick up, theres not a sound it cant make ! ! ! ! ! !
    4pnx
    Has anyone bought the new 08 models? The Squier Strats I tried out at Guitar Center suck tone and wiring wise, but the finish is quite good and I also tried an American Strat, 2 Mex-Strats, and a Highway one that day... The American and Highway 1 both sound awesome, although the hwy1 has a slightly country tone into it and the US has an awesome clean tone and this nice fuzzy tone into it, I tried an FSR strat and it sounds pretty sweet but the tone knobs are quite badly soldered (or I just tried a bad one) maybe a pro wiring job and custom shop pickups would do it good. I tried the standard mex and well it's similar to the FSR with more crunch.
    Krzychuzokecia
    My Squier Bullet Strat (made in 2007) were made in... China! Who know why Bullet from 2006 is Indonesian?
    nitromaniac
    squires are good starter guitars but if your wanting something around the same price go for a cheap Cort.