Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

Purchased from: St.Johns Music

The guitar suits my music style excellent( I've been playing for 5 years). I play country, honky tonk, speed metal, death metal, chicken pickin, blues and rhythm. It works best for for country on the clean channel, because it pick ups well on it. I have a Traynor Guitar Mate, it works on clean because my distortion is broken but when I plugged it into my guitar mate 15 it sounded great on distrtion. It has a bright sound depending on what setting. It sounds the greatset for chicken picken when you put to the bridge pick up. The whammy on mine is loose so it doent effect the sound as much. The guitar has a variety of sounds any where from twang to deepness.

My playing is mostly country and rock songs but none of this new country music my own song(I am trying to get my MP3 on my profile.)It is a excellent match.I have been playing for 5 years. I own a Epiphone Casino, Epiphone Les Paul Special 2, Jackson Dinky and a old Fender acoustic.There aare no questions to be asked. If it was stolen I would talk to the criminal and try to get it back. If I couldnt then I wopuld buy one. The only thing I wish I had was gold color hardware.I am going to get different pick ups maybe some duncans or EMGS or fenders. I compered it to a Squier Telecaster(I was pressed for money though) so I got this one because of money I had and I couldnt find a Telecaster. I wish I had a Fender american made Telecaster or Stratocaster.

I bought this guitar as a back up but then I started to like it more than my other back up. This guitar withstood all my shows I have had (mostly small audiences of 50) it has with stood the concert. Nothing wrong with the strap locks. I would use a back up because it is a Squier. I use this as a back up to my Epiphone Casino which is my primary guitar. It with stood my Live show where I performed Free Bird, Cowgirl In The Sand, Down By The River and Blackened. It so far very reliable.

The guitar was freshfrom the factory. The fret board was smooth compared to my Epiphone Les Paul. The pick ups were designed so when you strum you don't hit the centre one. The bridge was properly routed. I am going to upgrade mine to better quality so it will last longer and be gold. The only thing that was a faulty was a loose screw on the pickguard. The tone knob was loose but I got that fixed. I am going to slowly up grade it's quality to be mor like a Fender but with a creative look. One thing I like is how I can move fast on the neck for soloing.

The Bullet Strat comes with a bridge with a whammy bar. I reccomend that you don't use it because a whammy bar will eventually crack it because it is not designed for it. The tuners are non lockers. Mine was made in 2008. It has 21 frets. There is a non laminated neck which I like. My body is basswood the color is brown sunburst, with a black pick guard. The bride is string thru body. It's a 5-way selector. The guitar has a slim body profile. The fingerboard is rosewood. The pickups are single coil Strats. The guitar was made in China.