Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

Purchased from: JBR Guitars

It gets perfect sound for when I'm playing rock, but when I try to go heavy it doesn't really give me the heavy sound I'm looking for, except during solos. I use it with a crappy Fender G Dec and this might be the problem though. The Guitar gets most styles well, from Light, Clean jazz, to heavy rock.

I play everything from the blues to thrash metal and suits me for everything but Heavy Metal. If this had been stolen, I would probably first look for it, and If I couldn't find it I would get a new one after my next guitar for customization. I love it's neck, I am absolutely in love with it, it's my favorite feature. I compare it with a Les Paul Ultra my friend has (Great Guitar). I wish It had better heavy sound.

The guitar would most likely last Live. But if you haven't changed the pickups to something else if you play Metal it won't go over well. The hardware is long lasting, it's been used since at least 2003 and still packs a kick. I would definitely pack a backups at a gig for a really heavy distorted song, if your accustomed to the Strat already, a Dean ML would be suitable. It can stand my 2-4 hour sessions so I guess it lasts.

The guitar felt well set up and all the pickups and the bridge were in order. I got the guitar with a dent in it and proceeded to make another one when it hit my door(I am very clumsy) the guitars sound was unaffected but it can withstand a beating. The looks however can be easily manipulated. It fit well with me whether I was standing up or sitting down. It was the creamy Hendrix looking model with the ebony frets. It had a little buzz when I bought it, but changing the strings to some D'addario XLs made everything better. The strings should definitely be changed right out of the factory. The neck was the thig that really drew me to the guitar. I can do anything on that neck. It lets me play quick passages it let me stick to one general area or move around easy. The fretboard is easy to play on and is like most strats fretboards.

It was made prior to 2003, the store didn't know because it was used. It has 3 single coil pickups, a 5 way toggle, one volume and two tone knobs. it's a Strat style. it's a typical Strat bridge. it has 21 usable frets, and interestingly, if you push down on the string enough so it hits the pickups it makes a note.

common_man_tk
    It's cheap, it has five sound setting (pickup switch thing), great action, and a tremolo bar, the only thing I don't like is that the sustain doesn't last as long as most guitars. But the fact that it's easy to change action to maximum performance, I later bought an Epiphone Les Paul 100, and I prefer the Bullet Strat, the only thing that I can find better on the Paul is the long lasting sustain. Long story short, I don't think there is another beginning guitar better than this, even if you've been playing four a few years, this guitar is worth buying (unless you already have something like a normal Stratocaster. 9.5/10
    common_man_tk
    RustNeverSleeps wrote: how can a squier bullet strat got same valoration as a fender american standard strat? or a deluxe strat? Most beginning guitarists probably won't have that kind of money, and when you can't afford a standard or deluxe strat, in price comparison, the bullet is the right choice. By the way, I have played a standard strat, it is much better, but it's not worth the money at first, because you may discover that you don't like playing guitar. cant understand you! if i compare a standard american fender strat and rate it with lets saz 8,5 cause its not a perfect guitar but a real good one i think, how can you rate a bullet strat the same? in comparation i would give it a 1,8 i think, and this onlz because there are behringer strats and cheap imitations... i think players who did these ratings never ever before held a original fender strat in their hands... i played both, a bullet, an standard strat by squier, a malmsteen strat by fender, a deluxe strat and a standard strat... and well... you cant compare these guitars... you cant compare a behringer gmx110 to a mesa boogie dual rectifier... its impossible... and i think these ratings wont help any beginner... sorry by the way... im not saying, buy a fender strat for 1500 bucks to begin guitar playing