Bullet Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Squier: Bullet Strat

The feedback I get from the bridge pickup is unbearable, wich is a shame, because that's really the only pickup I use. I play punk, so I don't mind the feedback as much as say... a blues player would, but after a while you do get use to it. This guitar has a terrible sound, but it's what you would expect from a $200 guitar.

I play punk (Green Day, Ramones, Blink 182), and yea, it's a great punk guitar. I've been playing for three years now, I have had four guitars and this is my worst one. I bought it because I had planned to put a Seymour Duncan hot rail in the bridge position, but instead I bought a phone wich snapped in half a month later! My advice... your better of buying something a little better quility, like a Squier Standard Strat, or an Epiphone les paul.

Besides the strap buttons coming loose every now and then, it's fine playing Live with it. I played 3 gigs with mine, and never used my backup guitar, and nothing went wrong. If you're looking for a guitar that will last a long time, this is the last guitar I would look at. I enjoyed smashing this guitar against my amp more than playing it.

The factory setup was awful, everything was loose, and the action was higher than heaven itself! But it played alright after a proffessional setup. I bought this guitar instead of an Affinity Strat because I thought the bridge looked cool. It had a small ding on the lower left butt, but besides that... the finish was pretty cool (daphne blue).

Not sure what year this was made. I'm almost certain it was made in America. It has 21 medium frets, usual 25.5 Stratocaster scale, maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It has a basswood body, so it's not too heavy. The bridge is deffinetly better than the earlier 2001 model Bullet (but still isn't that great). The strings go out of tune like the wind changes direction. I got a free gig bag only because I paid cash.

Metal maniac101
    Dude, I have one of those, and I must sau that it is an exellent guitar to start on. How many beginning guitarists need a 24-fret maplewood B.C. rich? The loosening problem can be solved with a little Lock-tite. The strings can be changed very easily, ich is also god for sa beginner. The bullet-strat is also very good with Heavy strings and downtuning, Wich is a very good quality to me. [color=green]YYYEEEEAAAHHH!!!![/color]
    Andy Jarvis
    Interseting remarks, having sold my MIM Strat a little while ago (I was stupid and skint) I felt I was mising playing electric and just couldn't practice the sort of things I wanted to do on acoustic so I've just bought a Bullet Strat, paid 80 ok it's pink but who cares that was why it was cheaper. I plays ok and certainly was good value for money, I'm not going to pretend it's anywhere near my old MIM but then it nearly 300 cheaper.
    inferno34
    I just started playing a few days ago and I got this guitar. I went to the squier website and found the manual for the guitar since I was wondering what pickup the tone nob changed. The first tone nob(closes to volume) changes the middle pickup only and the 2nd tone nob (farthest) changes the neck pickup. Nothing changes the bridge pickup.
    Shovelhandle
    I play a Squire Bullet Strat, 2006 of 2007. Paid $99 used (like new). Solid wood body (not plywood) and no whammy bar (really never used one). I works well. The electronics to not have the professional 'punch' of the real Fender pups. The body is very light, I like that for practicing around home. At least the one I have I'd rate as a GREAT beginner or practice guitar. It looks decent too (dark blue, like the photo above). Shovelhandle
    metalheadblues
    i hv the 20th edition watever to this guitar it works don't fancy it too much tho..was told to get this guitar since i'm a beginner but guess i was wrong..
    Dinopaterno22
    RustNeverSleeps wrote: how can a squier bullet strat got same valoration as a fender american standard strat? or a deluxe strat? cant understand you! if i compare a standard american fender strat and rate it with lets saz 8,5 cause its not a perfect guitar but a real good one i think, how can you rate a bullet strat the same? in comparation i would give it a 1,8 i think, and this onlz because there are behringer strats and cheap imitations... i think players who did these ratings never ever before held a original fender strat in their hands... i played both, a bullet, an standard strat by squier, a malmsteen strat by fender, a deluxe strat and a standard strat... and well... you cant compare these guitars... you cant compare a behringer gmx110 to a mesa boogie dual rectifier... its impossible... and i think these ratings wont help any beginner... sorry by the way... im not saying, buy a fender strat for 1500 bucks to begin guitar playing
    Dude, my brother has both a squier (bought first) and a fender strat.you can't compare them, obvious, but the reviews are evaluating waht you get for the money
    comptonassmolly
    Payed $128 for mine. I'm a little dissapointed with the whammy bar, mine seems to not want to work at all. The whole reason I got this was because it had a whammy bar, but I might go back and ask about it. Bought mine at guitarcenter I noticed that buzz sound on the pickups, I thought it was me messing the strings, but apparantly not. Pretty annoying, but I get used to it. Mines yellow/white-ish haha.
    prleLTD
    i payed 145 euros for mine white and i love it im using fender 15 g amp and it sounds wery vell
    psycom
    I've been playing guitar for 35 years and I just bought one of these at the Guitar Center. It was used and looked brand new and it was 50 bucks. I plugged it in tuned it up and it was sounding good. Stayed in tune and I am really hard on them. Neck was nice. I mean it's a nice little guitar. A bit light but this is one for the streets of Nashville. Also, it has a stop tail piece which is helpful. At this range I would be afraid to get a whammy albeit there are exceptions. I picked up a new Kramer Focus w/ a whammy at best Buy for 80 bucks as a joke. The joke is on them I guess as it is an awesome guitar! Go figure. I had to file the ends of the frets to round them off but that's it. That was suppose to be my Nashville beat around guitar but it's too nice to beat up! I'd use it live in a heartbeat. This Bullet I'll have to wait until I get it home and beat on it. Bottom line is you can find good cheap guitars if you look. Plus you need to know what to look for. That's the big thing. You might find ten pieces of junk and then a good one slides through. For 50 bucks I can't buy the parts to put a start together! Same goes for the Kramer Focus. $80 with a whammy that stays in tune? THAT is rare!
    mpafatzer
    Hi people i am a new (electro)guitarist.well i have been wasting 5 years playing classical guitar and the last 2 months i have gone to this model after a lot of reaserch both on the net but also at stores.FOR THAT PRICE it was exactly what i was looking for.why?Its clean sound is really clean because of the single coil pickups but of course the drawback is that you cannot put to much pedal to the metal.Nirvana sounds still a bit noisy but bearable.i use it with stagg ga 20r good amp in my opinion for that price again reapeating myself.its the best sound i found through my research not to mention that the quality of the materials was good.The guitar is really comfortable in my hands unlike others,a bit heavy though.My advise is that if someone expects a nice clean sound and wants to be able to play rock or punk he or she should go for it.Dont expect to play Black Sabbath with it though!I think i made it simple enough.Ah!When you buy your guitar make sure its properly set up by the store.Don't come back to the reviews nagging!
    pmccormack
    Ive been playing acoustic guitar for a couple of months. Only started playing guitar. I play mainly Red Hot Chili Peppers and some other light classic rock. Im stuck between this and the Vintage V99. Any other suggestions for my style? Budget of only 200.