Bullet Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Squier: Bullet Strat

Price paid: A$ 180

Purchased from: my uncle (second hand)

The sound is, as you somewhat expect from a strat, very bright unless dialled otherwise which I do most of the time, I play mostly pop-punk like all time low and sum41 stuff like that it suits it not bad but not the best by far, I'm running it through a Boss OD-20 into an Orange crush-30R its almost too bright and it creates a lot of buzz and static when idle, its reduced somewhat when using two pups at the same time, but not completely, the guitar is fairly versatile being able to play styles from blues to metal but you have a bit of trouble getting a nice thick sound being as there is only single coiled pups, and the addition of the tremolo arm is a nice touch, but sadly it puts the guitar about a full step lower then the tuning, that applies to all strings except for the high e.

This guitar is most suited to blues and maybe jazz because of the pup config', with some modifications such as new pups, probably a humbucking pup, some straplocks a Floyd Rose and locking tuners I would consider this a good guitar, at the moment if this guitar gut lost or stolen I wouldn't mind it, it would give me a reason to buy my les paul sooner. I recommend this guitar to people are on a reeeeeally tight budget and a looking for a muck-around guitar, I wouldn't dream of using live.

I would never ever think of using this guitar as a stage guitar, maybe with several major modifications it might go well, the hardware seems fairly sturdy but I recommend buying locking tuners and straplocks if you want to use with the tremolo arm and/or onstage.

The action was sky high, but i later found out thats how the owner before me played on it, and after that I could never get it right until I took a risk and removed the neck completely left it of about 12 hours and when I put it back on the action was fantastic, the pickups were flush with the pickguard and combined with the super high action wasn't a good combo, the poles in the pups were extremely rusted and corroded when I bought this and the selector makes a loud pop whenever you change + the cable has to be positioned a certain way other wise it makes a super loud buzzing sound and cuts the sound of the guitar.

2008 model made in korea, 21 medium frets, rosewood fretboard what looks like pine but probably isn't neck, alder body laminate top, string-through-body tremolo style bridge, active electronics, master volume dial, two tone dials working for middle and neck pickups respectively, five way pickup selector, three single coil pups, non locking tuners, also came with a big bulky hard shell case which I absolutely hate.

drednot
    it was my first elec guitar, but i wasn't really in love with it.