Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

Price paid: € 130

Purchased from: local store

I play Blues, Funk and Rock and want to play Jazz, I can see myself playing all this on this type of guitar. I use a Biff Muff Pi on occassion and almost always use my crybaby. I can get noisy but the sound does not get much better if you do it. My favorite posistion is the first ( the neck pickup) but I the sound is nice not eargasmic. The humbucker sounds weak, However is does not give feedback like the bridge single coils. The only way I like using the humbucker is to pinch and pop the strings heavily.

I think this is an awesome guitar, this is my first and only electric guitar, but at a frinds house I play on his Mexican Telecaster but that is very different but would probibaly buy a Strat style instrument over a tele. I play Yamaha Pacifia's at school but like my Strat A LOT more. I would however not buy this guitar again but save up because in the long run it would have been smarter. My favorite feature is the whammy bar. All in all this is a cheap beginners guitar and the upsides of having this guitar outway the bad ones. I know learnt to tune my guitar quickily and efficiently.

I have no idea if this guitar can withstand live playing, because I have never gigged on guitar. I think the hardware will last, because I cycle a lot with my guitar in a gunnysack in the winter and it plays just fine. My only complaint with the finish is the scratches.

The action was fine when I bought it (except for the missing string) the string height was fine and so was the tension. Pickups did not need adjustment. The finish on my Strat is Sunburst, the only thing I do not like about it is the scratches everywhere, it is really easy to scratch this guitar. The volume and tone control knobs were put on wrong. Noisy pick-up selector.

-my Strat was "Crafted in China" -has 21 medium jumbo frets -maple neck (i guess) -rosewood fretboard with Dot inlays - H S S -whammy bar bridge - passive electronics -1 Volume 2 Tone (all set wrong) - noisy 5-way selector -bad tuners (I always have to tune my guitar after 45 minutes of playing and before everytime I play) - No accessories My guitar came with a box and giftwrap, and 5 strings (that is a reflection of the store I bought it from)

DurpaDurpa
    OttovanZanten wrote: "I'm using it with a Marshall MG30 amp and together they sound like a dream." er... train ur ears, i have never heard some1 say that amp rules be4, the MG series suck so badly, it only has 1 kind of sound wich sucks, to my (and most other opinion).
    And 1 year of playing shows he's probably not a massive gear guru. Beginners will play what ever they can get their hands on as long as it fits them.
    Plan009
    For a beginner guitar, I'd say this is probably one of the best. I mean, by no means would I go and buy one now after playing for years, but this was my first guitar I ever got when I was 12 and it definitely did the job. Back in the day, I didn't know the difference between guitars, but looking back on it and considering the other options I had, this Squire was pretty damn good to me.
    schirripar
    RHCPFAN96
    i nearly got one of these, probabaly better than the starcaster i got :| not too sure on squires, never been on one but their bass guitars are awesome
    Good_Lord
    That's the kind of stuff they sell at wal-mart , don't they ? Cheap guitar ... nice for starting
    Jj795
    GaryStack.....i agree with you !! Best comment ive read all day.
    DontPushMongo
    schirripar wrote: @ the first review... I would love to know how the sound of a Squier is a 10.... I mean I own a Squier as a cheap backup guitar and the sound isn't bad but it is not a 10 by any means.
    this. 10 means perfect normally, and on UG it at least means very very good. This number does not belong here, value guitar or not.