Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

For what this guitar is, it's pretty under rated. This guitar has a great sound for almost any style. I play mostly metal music, but I go to some punk sometimes for stuff like earlier AFI, Green Day, Misfits, etc. And it handles all of them like a dream. The strings it came with were good, it was well-tuned out of the box, and suits me well, as it was my first guitar. I play every variation of metal, and it handles them well. I learned most songs on this guitar that I know. I use it sometimes with my Line 6 Spider IV 15 amp, and it's pretty amazing sounding. Although now that I have my Jackson Warrior, I use the Squier with my DigiTech RP155 FX pedal, and it sounds perfect. It isn't noisy, I don't find. No hums, or anything. This guitar handles alot of different sounds well, especially on my RP155. I recorded some tracks with it and it sounds pretty awesome. The bridge pickup has a nice twangy kind of sound clean, and its pretty sharp and in-your-face, whereas on clean the neck pickup has a nice, full, warm sound that's perfect for Metallica.

As I have said, I'm a metal guitarist and this is a good match for that, but not the best seeing as the Strat is more of a classic rock guitar. I've been playing only for a year and this guitar hasn't yet failed me. This summer I got a Jackson Warrior which is my pride and joy and I play the hell outta that thing, but this guitar can still count on me coming home for a long jam with it. I would've asked if it came with a whammy bar before getting it, but I do not want one without a Floyd. Or a double-locking tremolo. If this guitar were stolen or lost, I wouldn't go buy another one because all my money would have been spent tracking down the f***** that stole this amazing guitar. I love almost everything about this guitar, the only exceptions are the weird hardware like the input jack and the high E tuning peg, and the easy greening of the neck's wood. My favorite thing about this guitar is... The fact that it isn't a Fender. I love this guitar, and the fact that it's NOT a Fender makes me happy because I can be someone who actually plays a Squier and loves it, unlike anyone who will jump at the chance to get a new guitar (OK I admit it, I did, but that was because I love trying new things.). I wish this guitar has a Floyd Rose and a whammy bar so I could do some intense soloing on it, and also the input jack to be less loose, but that's it.

This guitar sure is a trooper when playing live. There's no hum, except when switching pickups, which is good since I don't usually Switch pickups often, and the input jack stays in place mostly. The hardware will last, as it shows no sign of rust or corrosion. The strap buttons have never come loose, and I play this thing like every day, and they seem really durable. I can depend on this guitar, I'll never sell it and I would use it at a gig with no backup, I trust it won't fail me. The finish, as I mentioned, is pretty thin, but battle scars are cool.

The guitar was well set-up, didn't have any problems with the action, no fret buzz, no complaints. The pickups were well adjusted, and I haven't adjusted them to this day. The bridge was well-routed, and it doesn't give me a hard time. The guitar doesn't have many problems. The high E tuning peg comes loose pretty often, as does the input jack, the pickup selector makes noise when switching, and the finish on the body is pretty thin, causing a dent even with a pretty slight hit to it, but other than that no problems.

This guitar was made last year and I got it last year, but it's not even a year old yet. It was made in China. It features 21 jumbo frets on a rosewood fingerboard, a basswood body with black finish in the likeness of a stratocaster, a synchronized tremolo, two tone knobs and one volume knob along with three single-coil pickups and a 5-way switcher. It didn't come with a gig bag or anything, just a pick or two.