Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

The Strat sounds pretty damn good at times. I've gotten some awesome sounds out of the neck and middle pickups mainly, the bridge seems to sound like complete shit. There's also alot of buzz when I set it to the bridge pickup or the middle by itself. That said, I've managed to work miracles of tone with this thing, not too shabby. If you're gonna play with more than a little overdrive though don't even bother playing chords though. Straight mud.

Not only is it an entry level guitar, but it's THE entry level guitar. It is for a reason though, it's a great starter guitar for sure! I would definitely recommend a Bullet Strat to anyone thinking about learning how to play. They are super comfortable and easy to pick up and play. They also offer a few options for someone new to the axe (a whammy bar, 5 different pickup choices, etc.). If this guitar were stolen from me or lost I would probably kinda miss it, and then buy a used mexi or american sunburst Strat with a maple fretboard. Hmm... maybe someone should steal it from me?

I have never played this guitar in a live setting, and have no plans to. The only thing I really use it for is recording experiments and just a beater to sit around the house and play. The guitar feels like its ready to fall apart sometimes. The strap buttons are screwed in pretty solid, and the hardware seems to be set in rather well. I would MAYBE use this guitar as a backup live if I needed another guitar, which I haven't yet, or maybe if I needed a guitar with single coils live. The main issue with the guitar however is that it has a lot of trouble staying in tune. Sometimes when I use the whammy bar or do any intense string bending it'll go right out of tune. Sometimes it'll stay in tune for hours and hours of playing though. Strange. Not the most reliable or durable guitar in the world for sure.

The guitar was actually set up pretty damn well too. Strings pretty low to the fretboard but I got used to it. Really easy guitar to pick up and play. Looks really nice too, the finish is a real deep classic sunburst that doesn't look cheap at all. If I was just looking at a Mexi Strat and a Bullet and couldn't see the names on the headstocks I might not be able to tell which one should cost 500$! No flaws that I could see.

Alrighty, Squier Bullet Strat... made in 2009 im assuming in china? 21 lil frets, pretty nice looking 3 tone sunburst finish, rosewood fretboard, whammy bar, 3 single coils, 5 way selector, typical cheap Strat you guys know the score. Pretty great features for such a cheap guitar.

ST/-\LK3R
    fabiorod91
    [quote]sarlox wrote: dude get the dean it's a good deal, or save for ibanez ibanez art100 which cost 300$ (the one i have) and it's a hell of a great deal it sounds awesome, squier=crap it sounds horrible bro
    Ali-b912
    thrashmetalhed wrote: i ****ing hate this guitar.. cant handle distortion, cant play metal. the only thing this is moderate for would be cleans or blues.
    You're quite the detective. Also, you can play metal on a strat, you probably just put the gain on HURR DURR 10 FULL METULZ POWAR. Don't do that. Learn to EQ, etc.
    ProgJazzMath
    Great beginner guitar I would say, I always loved the way the neck felt on Strats, especially those with Rosewood fingerboard.
    KG6_Steven
    OttovanZanten wrote: "I'm using it with a Marshall MG30 amp and together they sound like a dream." er... train ur ears, i have never heard some1 say that amp rules be4, the MG series suck so badly, it only has 1 kind of sound wich sucks, to my (and most other opinion).
    Maybe he meant that it sounded like a bad dream. Fact is, this is a beginner guitar - and there's nothing wrong with that. If you're a beginner, buy it, use it, play it. After you gain experience and money, you'll want something better. And that goes for the MG30, too. Everybody gotta start somewhere...
    thrashmetalhed
    rickyj
    This guitar is a dream to play as a beginner and I can't believe I considered anything else for my first guitar! It suits any kind of playing really and I mostly use it for hard/punk rock and some quieter rock music. I'm using it with a Marshall MG30 amp and together they sound like a dream.
    sounds like a nightmare
    Raptor195
    this is a rock. I like it cause it has withstanded 13 years of abuse (mine was from my drummer, who had it on a corner, so I picked it up six months ago). It feels aged and old... Perfect!
    mcamp1230
    SEANOmd
    definitely the most bang i got for my buck in a guitar purchase. with an axe like this on the market, it blows my mind that first act ever sells it's products.
    flame843
    if you want a good cheap guitar, go for a low-end ESP LTD. They feel much better, are constructed much better, stay in tune better, and are much more reliable instruments for a similar price.
    Basti95
    Yeah, it's definitely a great guitar for just anyone until they want to get a bit more 'pro'
    CatAmplifier
    i've had this one, it wasn't the best guitar but it was my first guitar, it didn't have the best sound, sustain, etc. but for this money it was a real deal for me... it served well and stayed in tune better than my next guitar(schecter) had to sell it, but it was lovely. great guitar for the price
    charles_ebarb
    mcamp1230 wrote: ST/-\LK3R wrote: The Stratocaster surely doesn't deserve such rating. It should at least get a 9. Do they not realize how special the Stratocaster is? With the rich texture, the sound, and the fact that it was made by the all awesome Fender. The Hss and the Bullet doesn't have much difference. Aside from the Humbucking and all. But seriously how can anyone do this to Bullet/Fender? This is outrageous and insane Its a Squire, cheap wood, cheap electronucs, cheap hardware. This guitar is for beginers and and a 5-7 rating is perfect for this guitar
    +1 I own a squire and it gets the job done and is reliable but, it is what it is; cheap this and cheap that. I would totally recommend one for anyone just starting out, too
    umbrella666
    This was my first guitar. I got it from guitar center for $99.99. It's pretty reliable. It didn't sound too bad either. It's obviously a beginners guitar so it's close to perfect for something to start out on.