Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

I play mostly blues, gospel, reggae and heavy rock. I'm pretty much all over the place, but with a good pedal this can cover all that and more. I'm running through a Kustom 100 watt amp on a clean channel. Neck pickup is nice and warm, with distortion it gets a good bite, great for blues. The bridge can get a decent palm mute tone with the right pedal and tone. Top marks.

For my style of music, it's a perfect match. I've been playing guitar for roughly 2 years, and I also have a Mexican Strat. This Squier is just a hair below the Mexican if only because I prefer Maple Necks. If I lost it, I would go back and buy a new one right away. Do yourself a favor and pickup one of these. It's great with 10s to be a Eb Standard guitar for your favorite Metallica, Rise Against and Alice in Chains tunes!

I've been playing this guitar live at my church for about 3 years now, and it's withheld 3 times a week for 2+ hours. No tuning problems at all, bridge is clamped to the body. I feel very comfortable using this as my main and only guitar, if need be. The finish chips a bit easy on the back, just be careful where you swing it when you move it into your case.

The guitar was setup perfect from the factory. No adjustments needed, except minor intonation and switching gauges. Pickups were good, nut was cut great...the only issue was a bit of a noisy pickup selector from the neck to the neck/middle position. Frets were excellent, none hanging over the edge at all.

2008 COB-China, 21 Medium Jumbo Frets, Maple Neck and Rosewood fingerboard. It has an Artic White finish, which is closer to a Banana Paste Yellow (looks really awesome though). Standard passive electronics, volume, two tone, 5 way selector. Non-locking tuners. The only accessories I got were some tools for adjusting the bridge and the truss rod.

roddy1977
    I am a guitar teacher and have encountered 2 Squier Bullets belonging to my students. Because the notes on the E, A, D, and G strings were nearly a quarter tone sharp around frets 1 to 3 relative to the open strings (I'm amazed no-one else on here has mentioned experiencing the same), the guitars were completely impossible to tune up. My previous experiences with Squier Strats were good but at all costs never buy a Bullet without checking it tunes up properly first, preferably with a tuner if you don't have a very good ear for pitch!