Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

Purchased from: Nottingham Drum and Guitar Centre

I ave to say that for such a cheap guitar, it sounds very nice. I use it with a Fender Mustang I and the cleans sound clear and when the selector Switch is in the 2nd and 4th position, you can play rock and even metal, without the loud buzz you normally get from single coil pickups. It definately suits me for my style which is rock to some metal.

This is a very good guitar for the money and if your lucky like me and get a good one, there's no need to pay 700+ for a Standard fender, because with a few tweaks, this could make a realy nice axe. These guitars are really good for a base for a top axe. I think that with new tuners, a new nut and maybe new pickups, you could have the makings of a Fender.:)

I think that this guitar would withstand live playing, although I would always take a back up just incase, because you never know what will happen live. If I had a 2000 Gibson I'd still take a back up. The finish looks pretty solid, although the tuners seem a bit flimsy, but they do the job. The strap buttons are really sturdy.

When I got it, the action was nice and low, but I think that was done by the shop that I brought it from. But for some reason the pickups are at thesame height as the pickguard. After around 6 months, the nut snapped, but it was easily fixed. Overall it was ok. But what do you expect from a guitar under 100?:)

This guitar is made in china, and I think mine was made in 2009. It has 21 frets and I think they are medium jumbo. It has a maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It has a Standard Stratocaster block tremolo and the pickup configuration is SSS, and the middle pickup is reverse wound so that there is no buzz then the 5 way selector Switch is in position 2 and 4.

Nanobotter
    If a real fender were 10/10, I would give this guitar an 8/10. If you would replace a factory pickups with quality ones it would go up to 9/10. It would only be missing a good finish. Or maybe I just got lucky. You know what they say about these guitars, "they are a wheel of fortune when you purchase them".
    Woffelz
    [QUOTE= Reviewer dude] This guitar is a dream to play as a beginner and I can't believe I considered anything else for my first guitar! It suits any kind of playing really and I mostly use it for hard/punk rock and some quieter rock music. I'm using it with a Marshall MG30 amp and together they sound like a dream.[/QUOTE] Will it do metal well? :p: