Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

Purchased from: Music store in mobile Al

So I play mostly 80s metal, (judas priest, queensryche), but my band also dabbles in death metal, blues, prog rock, prog metal, etc. This guitar works for all those, it has good flexibility, as far as tone goes. I play it through a Peavey Vypyr 15, and I can get any tone I want out of it. I've drop tuned it with 11 gauge strings, down to drop b, and it worked ok, but I keep my tuning in standard or drop D. I Ike the neck, it's nice and smooth for bending and leads.

It is not a perfect match for my style, but it's very good. I plan to switch out the bridge single coil for an EMG HZ, since the body's for the HSS and SSS are the same. I've been playing for over 2 years, I also own a B.C. Rich Avenge, I usually play that, but it doesn't do blues well. If it were stolen or lost, I would not buy another, I would hunt mine down, because I put a custom pickguard on and red strings, I love the way it looks. I wish it had more frets, but most Fenders/Squires only have 21.

This guitar seems perfectly fine, my sister threw a chair at me once and it hit my Strat and chipped it a tiny bit, but that's it. I've hit the headstock on almost everything in my practice room, my friends houses, and my drummers kit. No damage. Other than the chip, the only other thing is my the frets has very faint scratches on them up at the 12th and 21 frets from bending, but you really have to search for them. It will definitely withstand gigging, I'll probably gig with it now, cause I put a custom pickguard on it. I would take a backup with it though, cause you never know, plus my band switches turnings a lot. Strap buttons have never let me down, but I don't swing my guitar a lot, I do more with my body than my guitar when I'm playing.

The set up was ok, I played with it for about 3 weeks, just to get a feel for it, but the action needed to be lowered, and I dropped the middle pup all the way down, cause it got in the way of my picking. The finish was perfect, no flaws or anything. Pups were fine, like I said, I just dropped the middle one.

Squier Strat, Made in 2010, 21 frets, 2 tone dials, 1 volume knob, 5 way pickup selector switch. Mine was finished black with white pickguard. It came with a classic 2 point tremolo. Came with 3 Standard Squier single coil pickups. Tuners are die cast, I don't know what brand. Didn't come with any accessories.

COREYTAYLOR721
    first guy is drop tuning it and putting 11s on.....cool bro play this beast through the vyper 15 lolz.
    schirripar
    Andy Gorgadore wrote: I'm going to get one to! is $200 to much?
    Way too much. Throw an extra 50 bucks and get a regular scaled squier. I have the bullet strat as my backup guitar. I got it as a gift that I wanted to customize. This guitar is a crappy beginning 100 buck guitar and that is literally all it's good for. The reviews that say this guitar "plays like a dream" obviously don't play anything else on a consistant basis, or have a good amp that would show it's flaws. It is OK and a decent backup. But for the love of god, don't play this thing on a stage, and DON'T try to customize it. I tried and got so many headaches.
    Stathis97
    This is my first guitar, and it was going really well, I were really satisfied with it. And when I tried it through a Fender 80s Super Reverb, I was astonished. It is all I needed at the time(it's still my main(and only) guitar).But then it came the time to play with my band live, at school. There was absolutely no problem wot the guitar, until I started playing a Californication intro jam. At the 1st note, the electronics were totally f*** up, and then, there was a bizarre noise coming out of the amp(couldn't stand it at all..) I though it was the distortion pedal I had borrowed from a friend, but then, while at the chorus of Getting Away with it(James) when I had unpluged the pedal, as the song needs no distortion(the sound didn't improve at all), that you couldn't hear the guitar AT ALL. There was no sound coming of the cabinets....Let me note again that it didn't have any problem till that moment....Why GOD, why?? Don't play it live, unless it's a backup. And check ALL the electronics before, oh and also blow it to clean the inside.