Bullet Strat review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat

Purchased from: Guitar center

I have a Dean I play metal on but I play my classic rock music on this. This guitar sounds good thru my Marshall Haze MHZ15 full stack. Before I modded it the pickups were very noisy. Especially the bridge pickup. The guitar is perfect for blues and classic rock, Its not bad for metal but it will produce a very stock sound though.

I play classic rock on this thing and a lot of Jimi Hendrix. I've been playing for about 16 years and originally bought this guitar to experiment with modding it. It actually sounds better than my real Fender since I put better Seymour Duncans in it. (Not knowing that it would sound better) This thing sounds good through my Marshall full stack and it sounds good through my Line 6 Spider II 150 watt half stack.

This thing will withstand live playing but if you been playing for a while I would suggest changing the pickups like I did. This guitar might come out of tune easier if you drop to down tunings often. I wouldn't use it without a backup because even the most expensive guitar can have a problem occur so I always bring a backup guitar no matter what. This thing looks like it will last awhile.

The guitar was set up very well. The action was at the perfect height and the pickups were adjusted a little high but that is an easy fix. The wiring was crappy so I changed most of it and it was very buzzy on the bridge pickup. The tuning machines always rattled until I tightened those.

(First of all the information that I'm gonna put here is about how the Squier was before I modded it by putting Seymour Duncans and changing the wiring and tuning keys and bridge, etc). This guitar was made in 2010 and was designed in the USA but crafted in China. I modded the hell out of this thing for pro sounds but before the mods its was still an okay guitar. The wood is made of basswood and it has a smooth sunburst finish. There are two different pickup styles (HSS and SSS) mine is an HSS by the way. Before I changed the tuners the guitar would come out of tune but only slightly. It came with a strap and a gig bag.

MAGGOTCFH
    i have this guitar...just modified it by changing the pickups to duncans. Also popped a floyed rose on there