Bullet Strat HH review by Squier

Squier: Bullet Strat HH

This new Bullet Strat HH absolutely suits my style and not only mine. It's nice for any kind of genre. I'm playing Thrash metal, blues and maybe some times soft genres too. I'm rhythm guitarist in band and it's absolutely perfect for rhythms. Dual Humbucker is making softer and cleaner sounds and if you turn on Overdrive/Distortion you can play solos too. I'm using Ibanez IBZ10G practice amp in my home. It has built-in effect. It's not noisy guitar also making any kind of sound you need.

Like I already said I'm playing metal and blues it perfectly fits me. I'm playing only 1 year this is my first electric guitar before it been playing on classical/acoustic guitars. "Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this product?" No if I could get back in that time I would buy it no questions asked. If it were stolen or lost I would buy new one not because HH is bad because I always like new things. In this guitar my favorite thing is softer sounds than Standard Strat pickups it's nice for rhythms. But I hate fretboard because it only contains 21 fret and I want 22 or 24. I bought it because I had not big budget. I can compare it with Epiphone SG Special. And I think this guitar is better than SG Special.

For big concerts it will not be very good but if you don't have any other choice this guitar will not fail you. Hardware is not very heavy but it seems it will last long time but if you drop it I think it will be seriously damaged. Strap buttons are solid and never failed me I like moving fast when I'm playing and strap is always attached well. I can absolutely depend on my Strat HH even on gig. It's not heavy so you can play it long time without problems.

Guitar is absolutely perfect at least for me. It has very nice action. Like I said I'm playing in band and it made me play better. Humbuckers are adjusted well. Guitar was new when I bought so it was flawless. It has properly adjusted parts. I can't see any problem in it.

I don't know year of the product but I know that it's made in Indonesia. It has 21 medium jumbo rosewood fretboard. It looks very beautiful and very comfortable. It's with solid top. Body is American Basswood (Chromed black like mirror). Neck is Maple. Body style is Standard Stratocaster. Active electronics. 3 way selector (1 - Bridge Humbucker; 2 - Bridge and Neck Humbuckers; 3 - Neck humbucker). 2 tone controller for each humbucker. And master volume. It has 2 Humbuckers. Tuners are "Covered Tuners".

guitarist41
    atira wrote: "It's nice for any kind of genre" I doubt that. Try funky rhythms, those beg for a singe middle pickup. This guitar doesn't have a single pickup or a middle one. A lot of classic rock: single bridge pickup. A lot of solos: single neck pickup. A lot of jazz songs need jazz guitars that have completely different body. No matter what awesome guitar you have it won't be good for all genres.
    The reviewer said it's "nice" for any genre, meaning that it doesn't sound awful playing any particular genre. They never said it was ideal or perfect. Now get of the internet and go practise not being a ****.
    Krackula
    Dear Atira, Please get over yourself. Not only for being a d!ck to the guy who likes his new guitar, but also for being such a gear snob. Squiers were once garbage, it's true. For a decade or so, American Fenders were too. Squiers have gotten a LOT better in the last 5 years or so, and while high-end pickups will make all the difference in the world in a recording studio, while playing in your local nightclub I assure you this is not the case. So unless you're secretly Robert Fripp, step off. Zappa played a beat-to-crap SG thru a Pignose on his most popular album ever, and that's all I have to say.
    NHECOS
    TheFlake
    I said I'm playing trash metal and Blues not trash metal-blues Sorry if anything is wrong you post your review "better"
    RockOnIt
    Active eq with only a tone control :/ bit of a waste? aha nice guitar though
    Thanks Guitarist41
    timmymaines
    active pickups? probley adjusted parts? alright it has been said hes been only playing for a year so im not goin to say too much about this review lol... i been playing for about 10years now and i been on here for a few years now i still havent wrote a review maybe i should do that when i get my tele.. anyhow nice try with the review and good luck with your playing..
    COREYTAYLOR721
    I doubt the action is perfect if yours came with a perfect setup it is probably coincidence. Good review sort of.
    TheFlake
    Thanks everybody for spending your time reading my "noobish" review yes I'm kinda new but theoriticaly I know many thing. and for Sammie Bootle frets are simple and I can't tell you anything bad about it. frets are doing it's job
    guitarist41
    NHECOS wrote: There is nothing wrong about a guy liking his guitar, but this is not a good review. I think we all come to the same mistake when reviewing a piece of our own equipment. Give the guy a break! Peace!
    Worst: when I got my first guitar, I took a screwdriver and an allen key, and made sure everything on my guitar was tight!
    parhelia_0000
    What about the tonal qualities of the pickups? Are they high-output and suitable for heavy metal, or do they require a booster unit for those aggressive distortion tones? Also, is the tremolo's tuning stability good, or does it easily go out of tune?
    TheFlake
    First of all that's my misstake it has passive el. tones are really nice especially for effects. It's more metal than standard SSS or HSS strats.
    chaoticfables
    The guitar looks great, I really need to try this out. With a few mods, this could be a decent axe.
    carlingvasquez
    How about this guitar compare with the Epiphone Special II GT?? Which is better?? Are bouth for beginners with low budget?? Thanks for your answers and comments
    MaggaraMarine
    Doesn't look like active electronics. And I doubt that a cheap Squier Bullet would have active electronics. If it doesn't use batteries, then it's not active!! Active doesn't mean better (that many guys think) and for my style passive means better. Though one guitar with actives would be cool. Active means that the guitar has a built-in pre amp and needs batteries.
    TheFlake
    Alright if you like taking screwsomethings and destroying guitar but I like playing
    Riff Diggler
    I just scored one at my fav pawn shop. The girl that I always flit w/cme out of the back as I was picking sa amp up an she say that she saw something that I might be interested I. She come back w/an immaculate black Squire w/2 humbuckers and says that the guy said it Duncans in it. So I smile and say...$50 and I'll buy you dinner....Needless to say the guitar is mine and when I pluged it into my amp it sounded almostas good as my Ibanez w/EMG 81/85. I got it to play high gain blues...Mission accomplished....and yes I scored big time for $50 w/gig bag.
    atira
    "I don't know year of the product" Check the serial number. "It's nice for any kind of genre" I doubt that. Try funky rhythms, those beg for a singe middle pickup. This guitar doesn't have a single pickup or a middle one. A lot of classic rock: single bridge pickup. A lot of solos: single neck pickup. A lot of jazz songs need jazz guitars that have completely different body. No matter what awesome guitar you have it won't be good for all genres. And sounds. Well, my Affinity series HSS Squier had a nice humbucker at the bridge, true. But it doesn't come near to my Highway One HSS sound wise or in any other aspect. This is or other Squier guitars good beginner guitars. Not more.