California Fat Strat review by Squier

Squier: California Fat Strat

Purchased from: Music World

The guitar perfectly suits my music style which is rock. I use this guitar with a Roland Cube 15 and I have to say that is sounds awesome with the effects that are available on the amp. The guitar can amke a variety of sounds if you know how the tone knobs operate and know how to adjust them accordingly. You can play all types of music with this guitar.

I play a wide variety of music but mostly rock and punk rock Green Day, U2, Velvet Revolver, Good Charlotte and Pink Floyd this guiatr suits that type of music perfectly but it suit other types of music well. I have been playing for 2 years and I don't much othergear besides the basics needed to play electric guitar. The amp I have is a Roland 15 Cube. If this guitar was stolen I would get the same one if I was on a budget but if I had more money I would get a "Jackson JS1" or a "Jackson JS20 Dinky". It would have looked cooler if the knobs were metal, it was thin and had no scratch plate. I would recommend this guitar to anybody starting out playing electric guitar as it is personally very comfortable to play and is very affordable and you get freat value for the price you play. This guitar is much better than the the "Affinity Fat Start" exept that the Affinity is slim.

This guitar would sure withstand live playing as the pickups are great. I would advice everybody to get a guitar with a humbucker as they a much better than single coils. The strap buttons are solid as I have applied heavy pressure and they didn't break. The hardware also seems like it wuld last but for howlong I'm not sure. The finish is also very good but again I don't really know how long it will last.

The pickups are well adjusted as they are perfectly under the strings. The guiatr s far has no flaws for the time I've been using it for. Everytrhong was perfectly set-up at the factory. The first flaw would be that the tone kobs would be loose but that is probably my fault as it has been used negligently.

My guitar was made in China in 2004. The guitar has 21 frets. The guitar has a Strat body style which I thinks is very comfortable to play. It has a maple set neck and a rosewood fingerboard. The guitar has 1 humbucker and 2 single coils as pickups. I got no accessories as I just needed a guitar but they upgraded the lead that was included for me but I'm sure they would give some free accessories if you asked. The pickups I think are active pickups. The is 4 controls if you include the pickup selector, 2 tone knobs and 1 volume knob. The finish is a satin finish. The guitar is a solid top.

FancyFender
    I got mine july 7 this year maybe it was the last one they had
    FancyFender
    FancyFender wrote: krumpinjugger wrote: i desperatey want one of these but they dont sell them anymore... wanna sell yours??? I got mine july 7 this year maybe it was the last one they had
    yeah i bought mine july 7 they had a strat and a tele of them i got the strat hte guy said they were discontinued because they were to cheap and to good