Classic Vibe '50s Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Classic Vibe '50s Telecaster

Price paid: C$ 300

Purchased from: Long & Mcquade (Vancouver)

I play a lot of Rock 'n' Roll, pop, Alt-Rock, and the occasional jazz/ blues. I thought that a Tele would be great, but didn't expect it to be that great. I am running it without anything but a Fender Mustang I amp. Of course, the amp has a modeling function so I can get that precise sound. There isn't any "fret-buzz" or anything like that. All of the knobs and controls are perfectly fine (unlike what others have said.) Great sounding guitar for it's price.

If I don't get bored with this guitar, I'd probably never buy another electric guitar again - amps on the other hand, most likely. I'd definitely buy another one, but if I had enough money, I'd buy a Gibson ES-335/355. I do wish that the Tele came with a B-5 Bigsby, but there is a cheaper Tele with a bigsby... I still want this with a bigsby.

Everything is fine with the guitar. If I were to gig, it'd probably be with both my Acoustic and electric since I love playing with both. But if I were to go all out electric, I'd probably bring a back-up, but not because it won't last. I'm just a paranoid person who never leaves home without a plan-B. Surprisingly enough, the gloss doesn't actually come off. Not that I've noticed anyway.

Factory set up was GREAT. Perfect. Although I wanted thicker strings (Slinky's, 10 - 46.) There weren't any flaws, pick ups are fine. Everything was great. The Shine can get a bit annoying at times, since when I bend strings, sometimes it feels like I'm actually scratching the gloss off of the frets.

This was made in China in 2009? Not quite sure, but hey - that's not the important part, right? The guitar plays really well, I'm playing with stock pickups and factory setup and I am still loving it. Although I've only had it for 2 months, I can surely say that this will be my gigging guitar. This is my first electric guitar switching from the Fender CE-60 Acoustic guitar (black.) I am a huge Fender fan but because I was a huge Squier snob, I never even bothered to look at the Squiers. I actually remember seeing this online and thinking "what a nice colour." Oddly enough, I went to the store to see if it was available - of course, it wasn't. After a year or so of "stalking" I finally picked it up. Oh, actually don't bother with the features - but I know that it's an Ash body with strings through the body. Cream white, Vintage blonde, Alinco 3 pick ups? Glossy finish. I'm not the biggest fan of the tuners, maybe it's because I'm switching from an Acoustic to an electric.

thegreasefire
    Squier isn't the same as it used to be. They have actually been coming out with some pretty sweet axes lately!
    Robbgnarly
    The best squier Tele that was made was the Pro-tone model in '96-'98. It was made of the same ash fender uses in there custom shop! And made in Japan.