Classic Vibe '50s Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Classic Vibe '50s Telecaster

I love the sound. I play a lot of different styles from Worship music to rock to ska to hard core... Right now this is the only guitar I use. It is very versatile. I don't use many effects, mainly an overdrive and a delay pedal. The pickups can be noisy sometimes, but that is normal when using single coil pickups. I love all of the three selections, but I have to say I love the neck position best. It is very bright, but when I use it with my Crate V18 (which is quite bassy) it sounds really good. I think they are a perfect match.

I play a lot of different music, which I mentioned before, and this matches all of them. I have been playing for 6 to 7 years, and I have owned many other budget electric guitars. My previous one before this one was an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, which I loved too, but this one won over it, and I got rid of it. I miss my LP, but I am glad that I didn't get rid of the Tele. If it were stolen, and I had the money, I would definitely buy another one. I love everything about it, except the bridge/saddles, but its not a big deal. I compared it to the mim Fender counterparts, and I liked this one as much as those. I chose this one because not many people have it and it costs less, while still being a very good solid guitar.

Well it has never crapped out on me haha. It seems like this thing will endure everything. I placed it in my case once and closed the top, but didn't zip the thing. I thought it was zipped and ready to go, so I picked it up, and BAM! Out comes my guitar, which hits the wooden floor. It has a small scuff mark from it, but that was pretty much it. I was worried, haha, but when I picked it up it was fine. Strap buttons and all the hardware seems great. I can depend on it, and I have played live without any other back up guitar.

The action was pretty good from the start, and the frets are pretty good. I would give it a 7 how it was. I adjusted the Bridge pickup, and will soon adjust the neck one. It did not have any flaws that I could see. It was pretty much perfect in my eyes. The neck was actually different than the others, having some kind of flame to it, it is very pretty really. After setting the intonation and action a bit, I like it even more.

Just like most Telecaster, two single coil pickups, one volume control and one tone control, and a three way selector. This model has the pole saddles which share two strings each (which I am not a big fan of, but I have heard that this is normal and many people actually prefer it). This model is made in China I believe and I'm not sure what year. It has 21 frets. You can find most of this information on all the websites that sell this guitar.

devinbryndel
    Ive owned fender telecasters for years and i always looked down on squier. But honestly this thing sounds amazing. Change the head stock to say Fender and no one will tell the difference. Especially for the money. If you want to change the sound just swap the pickups. Better than spending 800 on the Baja and wanting to change the sound then your almost 900+ in but with the vibe your only 450. Great buy
    DaniArrow
    i love this one. great value for the price! i think the next better thing would be a road worn or an american standard, but you pay a lot more money for one of those.