Classic Vibe '50s Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Classic Vibe '50s Telecaster

As I say, I got this for Christmas and only just today I've played it through my amp. I use a Marshall MG15DFX with a BOSS DS-1, EHX Small Clone and a EHX Big Muff. In the bridge position on the clean channel it is a nice twangy sound. I found this pickup was more usable compared to some other Tele bridge pickups which just sound too thin and too trebly to use. I also discovered that a Tele in it's bridge position is more hotter than that of a Strat. It doesn't necessarily Drive the amp slightly like a humbucker but it has a nice amount of punch to it. The neck pickup is nice and warm, with a slightly more rounded and bassy sound, but still keeping a nice single coil character to it. In between you get a nice mixture of both. I'm not really a huge fan of the middle spot with both on but I like it on this guitar because both pickups blend together really nicely. Obviously there is buzz on higher gain settings but that's normal. One other thing I like alot about this guitar is that it is surprisingly very versatile. I was playing Hendrix's "Purple Haze" and then a flick of the switch, a quick adjustment to the tone control and a slight detune, I was playing Pantera's "Walk", which it handled pretty good for a single coil equipped guitar. I was also playing some jazz style stuff on the neck pickup. Roll up the volume again and turn on the Big Muff and I was playing "Sweet Child O Mine". It is so versatile, I was really suprised. I normally give everything a go when I get another guitar and I was really impressed with the sounds that I could get, especially on the bridge pickup. Overall, some quality sounds, handles many styles with no problem, obviously when I turned the gain really high, playing some pretty heavy metal it struggled slightly but I expected it though.

I haven't really had lots of time to play it and experiment lots but from the hour I did have today I was very pleased with the range of sounds that it produced. I was thinking that this would be the guitar I would not play as much as my others, but now I think I'll be using this just as much as the other 3 I have. If it were stolen, I would probably get another at some point. My favourite features are the high gloss finish on the neck and also the grain of the wood which is really brilliant. I was thinking of getting the Squier Vintage modded Jaguar and converting it to left handed, because I'm left handed but chose this because of it's looks, it's sound and also it's unusual features. Overall, really good guitar. Great looking, great sounding, reliable and also really versatile.

I have only really just got this and do not play live but from other's reviews they sound like good guitars for live playing. Hardware is all good and definitely seems like it will last for years to come. Strap buttons appear solid though with the body wood being more softer than other guitars they may be less durable than others. Don't take my word for it though because for all I know they could be the most solid strap buttons and last for years. I would definitely use this live but would probably play more than one guitar in a live situation so I would have other guitars but probably not another tele. This guitar does not suit all the "heavy" elements of my styles so I would probably need one of my humbucker equipped guitars with me. The finish is pretty good and will last, but not forever. I think it may start to wear in years to come. Overall, it is a pretty reliable guitar.

These guitars, and all the other Fenders and Squiers are set up fantastically in the factory. Everything was perfect. All pickups were adjusted well, action was pretty low, but I like it like that. I didn't really search it for flaws, but from what I can see, the guitars fine. The frets on the guitar are very nicely finished and there are no flaws here. The neck's nice and comfortable, nice and thin. These guitars are very high quality and all the Squiers I've played have always been fine and more importantly well made with good quality woods and hardware. Overall, brilliant.

I've only just got this for Christmas and really like it. It is a 2011 Telecaster, made in China like all the others, 21 frets, Pine body with a 1 piece maple neck. It has a high gloss finish all over the neck and headstock, not too sure if there's any on the body. It's a natural finish and the wood has a spectacular grain. It makes the guitar look really nice! It has the classic Telecaster controls-3 way selector switch with 1 volume and 1 tone. It is an old style Telecaster so it has the Vintage features. It features a 3 brass saddle bridge, 2 strings to each saddle. It's got 2 Alnico pickups. It's either Alnico 5 or Alnico 3-everyone says different. It has Vintage Kluson type tuners and lastly it seems to have D'Addario size 9's on it which is good. It is a really nice guitar with some brilliant features.

tmjns796
    Got one early last year, had a broken nut. Replaced it and put some nice Eb's on it. feels and plays like my Fender Tele (not plugged in obv) im seriously considering selling the fender and buying a nice boutique set of pups for the vibe.... tho its good already, i will always know that they are cheap pickups. everything else on this guitar shouts quality, easy to play, nice action. lovely neck, string thru body. DOUBLE BINDING what else you wanna know? buy one before they go!