Classic Vibe '60s Stratocaster review by Squier

Squier: Classic Vibe '60s Stratocaster

Price paid: € 150

Purchased from: OLX

I don't know the exact year it was made but I know it's a Chinese assembly. 21 Frets and a thin C modern rosewood neck, with great looking fret work. The finish is stunning comparing to my Telecaster Corona Plant made. I was woowed with the construction quality of this strat. The vintage bridge suits my playing style entirely since I'm not one whammy abuser though I really use it normally and it keeps the guitar in tune pretty well. I don't like the icy bridge pup without tone control and I'm considering a workaround to cut on the tone. The tuners are stable as much as my Tele and for the first time I got a guitar that I like to play the G string. I bought it without case.

These classic things sound very very good. The strat tone is there without doubt. The quack sits in the 2 and 4 position. The cleans satisfy my soul and the overdriven too. I use it with a Tiny Terror. Thats my amp. I only use Delay and Compressor so I can't say much about pedals. I haven't had hum or hiss noise but with my Tele is the same. As I said the bridge isn't getting my attention. This guitar can be used for funk, rock, blues and fusion according to my personal needs but it excels when I throw it some Hendrix, Peppers, J. Beck, songs.

The guitar came to me 2nd hand with a good setup. I just changed 6 rusty strings. Plugged in and played the hell out of her! I polished the rosewood fretboard with Dunlop 65 and a deep clean operation was on the way. It's incredibly in good shape. Not one single ding or scratch. No oxidized parts. Everything sings and this make me very happy! Yes a squier can be a ten! Action is very nice. Not to low, no buzz of any kind, and it's easier to play in the first frets than the Tele. When I get to 12th fret the Tele is better.

This guitar seems durable and very well assembled when comparing to my American Tele. I've inspected and compared the two. The Squier is lighter but well balanced. I could rely on her without doubt. The finish will eventually wear off but craps! Everyone likes the vintage vibe. This specific model is quite reliable. It's superb and feels really nice in my hands. I will be gigging soon with her and I don't mind if the mates think that Squier equals poor quality or bad sounding because the truth is there when you play it. If you can't find it just close your damn eyeball... :)

I play almost every style but no metal or mariachi or flamenco. This guitar was bought to fulfill my Strat gap with the promise to sell it later and get one American Strat. I only buy decent gear. I like the feeling of a good value for the money I hardly strive for. Honestly I thinking in keeping her forever. I like to play it and at this time I'm playing 75% Squier and 20% Fender Tele 5% Acoustic Yamaha. If it were stolen I would buy one again. I will upgrade and will add a Tone knob for the bridge. I had played several American and Mexican, Asiatic made guitars. I don't mind if it is a Chinese made instrument if it is well put together which is the fact! Squier Classic Vibe all the way. Wish I have a guitar like this when I started. English is not my mother tong and I'm sorry for that. I've tried to express myself the best I could. Thank you!

Jhuttun
    Has anyone noticed there has been massive drop with value/cost of this guitar, I don't know since when. When I bought mine in 2010-2011, it cost 400 € and had one piece body. Now it's listed 550 € on Fender.com and has three piece body...