Cyclone review by Squier

Squier: Cyclone

Purchased from: Guitarbox Meppel

My music style is pretty diverse. I play Pearl Jam, The Cardigans, Deus, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers and some other genres like old blues like Ten Years After. I wanted a guitar wich gave me the posibility to play al kinds of stuff and I hate Stratocasters and Telecaster (no offense). Mostly because the necks and everybody have them already. The single coil is a little weaker than the humbucker, but it sounds good for clean chords. When you play those same chords and you wanna have a little more power and some twang; chose the humbucker. The humbucker is also great for leads. I'm happy with it. The Cyclone can match my Jag-Stang pretty good. the real big difference has to be the fact that you pay more for an Fender and that you can hear.

This guitar is no Fender. but it's much better than other cheaper Squiers, like those Bullet Strat. Those are horrible. This guitar feels 10 times better. If you want a cheap(er) guitar, and an unique shape, and nice sounds. Get an Squier Cyclone.

Sometimes my guitarstrap sits wrong on the holders and comes of in the middle of the action. So both of my guitar are tested on durability this way. The paint holds nice and is hard. It also doesn't de-tune by dropping it on the floor. Even when it falls on the headstock, the tuning keeps pretty good. I have to say that the guitar feels cheap when you hold it. Nonetheless, it's worth it's money.

The man for the shop where I bought the Cyclone told me the he always prepares the new guitar for playing. So when he gets new guitars, he tunes the and adjusts the intonation. I can't say how the was when it came from the factory. All I did home was restring it.

I bought this guitar to be my back-up guitar, and/or drop d# guitar. My other guitar is an Fender Jag-Stang, so I looked for similair pickups (single coil-humbucker). Mine came including a gigbag. but that was an extra from the shop.

gojaromeiginla
    Not a bad guitar for beginners I guess, but it's pretty much a sheer waste of money for any experienced guitarist. I'd review it, but it seems like a waste of time.