Deluxe Hot Rails Stratocaster review by Squier

Squier: Deluxe Hot Rails Stratocaster

Purchased from: Music World VA.

Most people believe that hot rail pickups are only good for metal and hard rock, but this isnt true. Dial up the right settings and you got yourself a great soft rock or blues guitar. I don't use effects but I will soon but for now I can get from soft rock rythm to Hard rock solos in the flip of a switch. I use a cheap Ibanez 10g amp and trust me if this guitar can make this amp sound good than it can make any amp sound good. Except for on high distortion this guitar is pretty much silent when not playing.

I've been playing classic rock and Christian rock for over 3 years and deffinetly know what a good guitar sounnds like and this is one of them. I am overall impressed with this guitar. If it were stolen I would be very angry and I would try to buy another one.

This guitar would not hold up for KISS style gigs but really what would? Its made of basswood and is very durable, I would deffinetly gig with this guitar... If I were in a band o well. VERY high reliability and durability. I'm pretty sure the hardware will last.

I bought it from a music store that sets up guitar before they put them on the wall so I don't really know about the originall setup. High E string does ring a little when played open but its not hitting a fret so I don't really know what's going on. Action, fit and finish are very nice.

This guitar has Standard Strat features such as: double cutaway body, bolt on neck(I like bolt on necks), 3 single coil pickups(2 normal and 1 slanted), 5 way pickup selecter, 1 volume 2 tone knobs, see saw style tremolo, front cable output. Added features include basswood body(great tone) and 3 duncan designed hot rail high output pickups.

Gyoung1991
    songbird.1996 wrote: Why spend more when you dont have to?I trust people in China way more than some redneck in America making Fenders or Gibsons.Unless you just like the Fender logo on the headstock Squier is the way to go. P.S. I am American and I do love my country.
    Well for one, because they sound different. I'm not going to make this personal, but it sounds like you are making some pretty ill informed statements.
    songbird.1996
    Any way its whos behind the guitar that counts.If Jimmy Page had played Epiphones instead of Gibsons he wouldnt he still be awsome? :
    songbird.1996
    Ill will admit some $1000 Fenders or Gibsons are going to sound better,but I have played a $500 Fender and this one deffinetly holds its own against it.This guitar deffinetly sounds better than a $300 ESP or Dean.This guitar is not made to be played by Clapton but for $280 this guitar is unbeatable.
    Metalology
    SOADriff wrote: seems pretty good for a squier. I just wish the guitars were as high quality as their basses.
    This. They make some GREAT basses for the money. The Vintage Modified series is one of them.
    ProgFolk12
    Singbird, I'd take alder over basswood for a strat Anyway, I'm a fan of higher end squiers, as long as you play around and find a good'un, though I really don't like stacked singles. A hot rail is NOT a humbucker, and it never will be. Does give an interesting middle ground granted. Still unsure about a review using a cheap ibanez practice amp though :S
    travislausch
    bfchead wrote: basswood bodies aren't really the greatest sounding wood
    I'd say this is purely subjective. Joe Satriani seems to enjoy basswood. If I were to buy a Squier again, it'd probably have to be either this or the J5 Tele, though I think it is time for me to move on.
    TwistedRhoads
    For someone starting out ,sure; but after playing 3 years why not just save up for something better?
    SOADriff
    death eater
    look pretty good. i played this at a local guitar store through a small line 6 spyder and it was really nice. im thinkin about buying it for my gf
    songbird.1996
    ThatsNotMetal!! This thing can deffinetly handle tapping,pickislides,Herman Li style whammy abuse,and shredding.ProgFolk12 I dont like humbuckers,and sorry about the amp Im going to get a Fender Frontman 100 when I get in a band,but hey if this thing sounds good in a cheapo 10 watter imagine what it would Sound like in a Marshell Half Stack.