Deluxe Stratocaster QMT review by Squier

Squier: Deluxe Stratocaster QMT

Purchased from: Zzounds.com

As a hobby I enjoy playing classic rock and punk style music. I accompany this guitar with a Line 6 amp. This guitar has clean high and lows with a decent sustain. I did have problems with the tremelo springs making a buzzing sound after striking the fourth and fifth stings.

This is a great guitar for a begginer. Prior to buying this I was pricing out Les Pauls. For the money and features the Strat is worth it. I seemed to have an easier time playing with the LPs though. I purchased this guitar from the internet after trying one at the local guitar shop. Be careful, the internet will not always give you a show room condition stat.

This is a very durable guitar. This guitar will definately withsatnd live playing. All parts seem solid and long lasting. All the tunners and strap buttons seem sturdy enough to play live. I can depend on this guitar. I was quite suprised how thick the finish was. After hitting it against bookshelfs and cabinets, I got away with only a few minor dings.

Contrary to the other reviews, I had many problems with this guitar. My first one had a lot of fret buzz and razor sharp frets. Also, the finish looked as though there was hair line cracks beneath the surface. After returning this for a replacement, I recieved another guitar with a more finished fret board but a bunch more fret buzz. I decided to repair this rather than to return. Even after correcting and refinishing the fret board I was still left with an uncorrectable high action.

The Deluxe Stratocaster is a 2004 special edition Squier with an impressive figured maple top (flame or quilted) and white pearl pickguard. Finishes like this are typically seen on guitars costing 10 times as much. It is an amazing value, and it's a real Fender-designed Stratocaster! These special-run instruments are a cut above the rest in visual appeal.

The Russian
    Hay i got a squire strat that cost $200 and it can do everything my bros mates with their $500 and $600 guitars so it dosent matter i agree with assetman
    EVHrocks123
    honestly squiers arent the best in world not very good dont put up sound most people want im upgrading in a week to a esp ec50 ive played and they are great for all music not trying to do and esp post but squiers no tthat great AT all
    pauldark
    I don't understand how should people know and speak about a thing if they haven't try it? Did you play this Squier Strato? If and only if it be so I'll count your words otherwise we're wasting time talking.
    CoDee
    If this Strat is the same as the standard Squier Stratocaster, I can say that it is honestly great for the money. The only modifications I've made to my Squier are upgrades to the tremolo springs and some fret filing that I was able to do myself. After those few minor modifications, I was left with a great playing guitar. Like other people have said, Squiers aren't meant for top-notch quality, but they do make some of the best entry-level instruments out there.
    soul_taker
    E V H 5150 wrote: I don't think Squiers are trying to be the best. I have two, and they aren't that good of a quality guitar. But they aren't for shows and stuff, they're more of a practice and learning guitar, because they're cheap. I wouldn't go out and buy a $500 Epiphone if I didn't know how to play, or if I didn't know if playing guitar was going to be fun...
    I agree with what you're saying
    assetman
    Why knock other peoples guitars? You sound like people with poodles! It's the playing that counts....theres no point in giving a lazy person a $1,000 shovel....a good player will make a $100 guitar sound good and a poor player will make a $2,000 guitar sound bad! I have 10 year old Squier and its a beauty but that may be because I've tweaked it and honed my playing on it over the years....and here's a tip....take any mirrors out of the room you practice in....well, at least until you can play a few notes! By the way, this is a really great site...wish it was around 25 years ago.
    peever
    my squier tele is awesome, mind you ive changed alot of stuff on it
    easthatred
    Because its your 1st guitar your going to be biest {(i think thats spelled right) my 1st electric is a 01 Jackson Soloist but i can say its a piece and so are all squires ive played including this one. My friends bought this and his dads Gibson Les Paul eats this crap for breakfast.
    eric_cartman
    the truth of the matter is that your always going to love your first guitar, but we all know deep inside that is a piece a crap. But in all fairness the squier strat is a bad guitar, the ****ing electronics are bad. But if your on a low budget,just love guitars, are actually good on it your're gonna make any piece of shit sound great. I mean ADRIAN SMITH has a ****ing squier telecaster
    CobenBlack
    i have a jackson rr3, which is pretty cool, but difficult to sit and practice with for long periods of time, so i went out and bought a squier strat affinity series. i actually enjoy playing the strat every bit as much, the sound isn't that far off either. squiers get a lot of stick that they dont deserve
    confucius
    why don't you purchase them in China, as I know,all the squiers' prices are ranged from 70usd to 266usd. As www.taobao.com is good auction site recommended.
    paulinnc
    I just recently swapped my guitar for one of these. I really like the sound and finish. Very suprised for a Squire. The only issue I have is that it buzzes like crazy. I have had it set up and it still buzzes. I'm thinking about getting a new neck for it. But other then that I love it.
    Anarion614
    amen.....i have one of those cheap squire kits, $200 for and and guitar etc etc, and i dont mind...i want to play really well before i bother getting a better guitar.
    Ash_Lawrence
    Abnormal_Omish
    crash_course
    bagidol wrote: not my typo of guitarro
    tu espanol es muy mal. it is guitarra not guitarro. haha.
    Eldiablo30x6
    Abnormal_Omish : Squire necks are pretty decent actually. If you would bother to swap the neck with a fender one it would cost alot of money and the only real difference would be the logo on the headstock.
    Totally agreed, the necks on squiers are deffinitly the best part of a squier guitar. If you were going to swap out anything you should consider the pots or the bridge first.
    jcs5234
    beefyboy232
    Ash_Lawrence wrote: Looks good for a Squier, swap out the neck and you might just have a decent Guitar...
    and the pickups and the tremolo and the electronics...
    E V H 5150
    ZOSOGuitarist01
    im using a squire telecaster and it is better than my epiphone les paul that i bought for like $500.00
    RadioMuse
    ^Because it's a tele . Anyway I'd just save up or loan the extra $50-100 and by the Mexi Fender myself... That and I disagree that Squire necks are all that good, personally I can't stand the finish on them or the fact that they all have unbelievibly high action... They're not terrible learning tools, but there are still better guitars out there, even in the lower price bracket, if you're willing to stop chasing the "Fender" name.
    bluesblaster
    DementedHippie
    I only paid $50 more for my Jackson DX10D dinky, and it kicks the shit out of all the squires and fenders i've ever played
    dimebag420666
    bluesblaster wrote: jcs5234 wrote: if you were going to swap out anything on this guitar, save it and just buy a fender mexi strat which is probably about the same quality dont knock the mexi strats; i own one and it plays better at $600 than my 50th anniversary strat at $2000
    i hate people who claim they have really high priced guitars when there just playing bullsh!ting!
    Presentboy
    hey i was wondering, please reply... PLLEEASSEE.. is tis the same as the FMT one just a different finish.. thanks. add me keymote@hotmail.com. thanks.