Jagmaster review by Squier

Squier: Jagmaster

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

I play this through a Kustom Quad 200DFX Head into a Hartke GH412A. In my opinion, this guitar is extremely versatile. I can go from an amazing rhythm sound to a surf/rock 'n' roll type of sound with the turn of a tone knob. This guitar sounds very nice distortion wise. I play mostly everything on clean even the majority of lead work I do, but that doesn't mean I do not enjoy a great distortion sound. This guitar sounds great for leads and rhythm on distortion. It is simply amazing on the neck pickup. However, on the bridge, it is lacking. It has no punch at all. On clean, this guitar is great on both pickups.

I play a variety of music styles (grunge, real punk rock, alternative, shoegazing, folk, jazz, blues, garage, experimental, noise pop, bluegrass, '50s rock and roll type of stuff, psychedelic rock, classic rock, progressive, a bit of metal (not hair metal, but more of some Iron Maiden type of stuff), funk, and more) This guitars suits many of them well. If it were stolen, I'd buy a new one. I love the guitar's tone, finish, and design a lot. It exceeds my friend's Epiphone Les Paul Standard by leaps and bounds. I play many inexpensive guitars, and I can honestly say this guitar is one of the best deal around.

I play this guitar on stage three times a week. It definitely withstands Live playing. The hardware seems indestructible. I can definitely depend on it at all times to sound great. The finish is great, and for the 2 months that I've owned it, I've discovered that it'd not wearing off any time soon.

This guitar, with the exception of the strings, came great from the factory. The finish is beautiful in person. The pictures give it no justice. The action was also amazing. It was extremely low for a Fender/Squier, and it had little buzz. However, when I first got it, it buzzed like crazy. However, when I switched to D'Addario 10's, the buzz was eliminated.

It was made in the year 2005 in China. It has 21 medium frets on a 24" short scale neck like Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Jaguars, etc. It has a solid top. Maple Neck and Alder Body. It has a sunburst Jaguar/Jazzmaster style body that is Alder with a red tortoise pickguard and a Maple neck. Also, it has a Strat-style bridge with a tremolo. Two Duncan Designed humbuckers, a 3 way pickup selector, and a volume and tone knobs are the electronics.

+Ska-Kid+
    I'm thinking about getting this guitar, I wish their was a real Fender version.