Jagmaster review by Squier

Squier: Jagmaster

Purchased from: Pianoshop.com.au

I play surf, rockabilly, punk and rock. It suits the whole surf thing, providing the twang and lows it needs (I use '13s). It suits that whole music style but less rock, more punk sound. I use a Marshall 100w half stack and POD 2.0. It's not incredibly bright, but sounds more like a Strat than a jazzy or jag. The humbuckers may not seem suited to clean but produces great mid tones. I like how I can use 13s, play surf then easily tune down for some metal or punk. It holds it's tuning quite well.

I mostly play surf and metalcore. It's very good for surf, but when it comes to being very playable live, it's not very good for metalcore. I would have bought something like a Shecter Blackjack or similar for metalcore. I've been playing for about 3 years now. It is a great lower priced surf/rock/punk/alternative guitar. I hate the body shape when standing. It's not as uncomfortable as a Flying V. It's more like a SG.

The guitar has withstanded being thrown around in metalcore gigs I've done. The hardware is not loose or freyed, even though I have dropped it and flung it. I've replaced the strap buttons with Dunlop ones, but they seem too become loose every now and then. I've never swung it around my body since I don't trust the straplocks enough. I'd never gig without a backup, that's just foolish. The finish is a little thin. It fell over whilst standing and left a pretty bad ding, exposing about 2cm of wood.

The setup was OK, but there was buzz here and there but that was easily fixed. The pickups were not as loud but adjusting the height a little (not alot) created a much brighter sound. The finish was flawless, frets were smooth but the body was very light. Sturdy electronics and tremolo. MIM quality.

2006 Made in China. 21 frets, rosewood fingerboard, 24" Jaguar scale. Solid body alder, light gloss neck, sunburst. Jazzmaster/Jaguar body, Jazzmaster type pickguard. Passive H/H 'Duncan Designed' mid outuput humbuckers, 3-way, tone, volume (no rhythm circuit). Unstamped Squier tuners. Free tremolo bar (thinner)!

Ali-b912
    Vulture1
    Ali-b912 wrote: +Ska-Kid+ wrote: I'm thinking about getting this guitar, I wish their was a real Fender version. yeah it sucks that the fender ones are both covered in those ugly ass switches. they are the same as the ones on my home made wah wah. what do they actually do though, the website doesnt even mention them.
    Are you kidding? The Jazzmaster and Jaguar are the ****ing epitome of Fender guitars. The switches add versatility. The body shape grows on you I guess