Jagmaster review by Squier

Squier: Jagmaster

I got this guitar mainly because it had humbuckers. As we all know, humbuckers are extremely versatile pickups. They allow me to play anything from blues to metal. The pickups were noisy on both of my practice amp and my main amp, A Roland MicroCube, and a Line 6 Spider III 150 watt combo so I switched the pickups for A Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB in the bridge, and a Seymour Duncan SH-2n in the neck. I also am getting a push/pull pot to split the coils installed as I write. Excellent pickup configuration, and the sound is a amazing now.

I've been playing for about a year now, and this guitar definately suits my current needs. I was thinking of getting an Epiphone Les Paul or SG, but I decided that the pickups on this axe were 10 times better quality. I just wish it would have a volume/tone knob for each pickup for better control, and variety in sound. If this axe was stolen, I'd definately go get another one.

I'd definately would gig with this guitar. It holds in tune pretty well if you're not using the tremolo. I am going to get some Fender/Schaller locking tuners to fix that intonation problem though. I move around a lot when I play and get into it so I decided to get strap locks on it. The finish is pretty durable, I have dropped the guitar, and it just got a hairline scratch, but not all the way to the wood.

As we all know, it is usually a mistake to purchase guitars from any Guitar Center, as any little 5 year old child can go screw around with any guitar. I just had to have it, and after picking out one of them, I decided it was set up pretty well. This particular one had pretty great action, the pickup height I didn't have to adjust, and the neck was as straight as an arrow. I got the guitar for 220 USD and they through in a stand and a case because it had a nick near the pickguard. But the finish is beautiful.

The guitar is pretty simple. Short scale, alder body, two Duncan Designed humbuckers, one 3-way switch, 1 volume, 1 tone. The tuning machines are pretty good for a guitar in that price range, as is the Standard 6-screw tremolo system. But you gotta love the Jaguar body shape! It also has a really nice 3-tone sunburst finish. 21 frets.

goo94
    RandyRhoads2 wrote: So how is this compared to a G 400 SG? I want one of these but I already have a squier.
    mmm i'd also like to know, cos i may move on from my pacifica soon
    EveryLegend
    Vulture1 wrote: Ali-b912 wrote: +Ska-Kid+ wrote: I'm thinking about getting this guitar, I wish their was a real Fender version. yeah it sucks that the fender ones are both covered in those ugly ass switches. they are the same as the ones on my home made wah wah. what do they actually do though, the website doesnt even mention them. Are you kidding? The Jazzmaster and Jaguar are the ****ing epitome of Fender guitars. The switches add versatility. The body shape grows on you I guess
    COMPLETELY FREAKIN AGREEEEE jazzmaster/jaguars and another one of my personal favorites the MUSTANG are the best guitars fender has ever made.
    qotsa1998
    I like these alot. Better than paying $1000 for a Fender one, And with the Duncan Designed humbuckers, it sounds pretty good, too. Id love one, and for only around $200, its rather affordable.
    /unsigned09
    the_guy wrote: this is the only squier which i would actually go out and buy
    Buy It!
    thegrungyhippie wrote: im thinking about getting this
    Do It!
    nirvanapwns
    ipve been thinking on this for a few months and ive decided im gonna get this put som dean markley strings 10-52 and then put a DiMazio super distortion humbucker on the bridge
    godisasniper
    I'm saving for one of these right now...I played one a month or so ago in GC...I love it. Plus its basically Gavin Rossdale's sig model.
    Quick question, would it be possible to get one of these, then switch out the pickups for Jazzmaster pickups?
    rockernow
    Are the pickups good enough for me to keep them instead of switching them out for real duncan humbuckers?
    shadow__666
    I became interested in this because I thought it would be similiar to a Jaguar, but for my limited budget. After reading these reviews, I think I know the answer.